Sleepers Tomb (CoV) mission reseting

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Yinla, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

[Thu Dec 10 13:12:29 2020] You have slain Cargalia!
    [Thu Dec 10 13:13:18 2020] With one of his servants left free to work, Vulak completes his work. You sense the presence of a creature with power beyond your comprehension. It is aware that you exist. You have failed.

We killed all 4 dragons (how was one free to work?), after the 4th we were all out of mana and the event reset. :rolleyes: No chance to recover mana or even regroup.
    Ysho likes this.
  2. Tren Journeyman

I think this reset is by design. I think they want part of the challenge to be after you kill the last dragon, you have about 45 seconds to reach Vulak and engage him before a reset. I agree the message doesn't make a lot of sense, but I think Vulak completing his work is what fails it. We stopped to med to full between the 3rd and 4th dragon and was able to take the 4th and Vulak.
    Griggson likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Well it took us 2 hours to get to that stage, with a caster based group (SK X2, Beast, Necro, Wizzy & cleric) we had very little mana left even medding to full after 3rd dragon, 4th was very resistant to spells, neigh on impossible to slow with beast. Third was very slow with the add being timed, we had very little time to kill dragon due to killing adds. One and two seemed ok although the AE going off all the time was a pain in the butt and the clicky only having 1 charge was a waste of time, lots of deaths but we made it to Vulak. But no way we would have been able to engage him when we got there with no mana.

Lack of mana is a huge problem on this mission, not like you can use a mount here to help.

All were in TOV group gear except wizzy.
  4. Derka Power Ranger

We had a similar experience last night. Warrior, 2 rangers and a cleric + 2 mercs(was late so people had to log but we still wanted to see mission). We slogged through the 4 corner mobs and stopped to med before Vulak and it reset. Seems similar to the crusaders where it's a marathon. Glad to know you can med in between the other four dragons though!
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Crusaders reset for us last night 2 seconds after killing the add. These missions seem extremely rough. Maybe we can beat them after the next expansion, with level 120 spells and more mana.
  6. Griggson Journeyman

think about the order of killing the 4 dragons. Leave the one you can kill with least resistance till last stagger burns through the first 2, kill the 3rd without burns then kill 4th with short term burns. Run straight to the middle and just kill the main dragon as fast you can with whatever you have left. Worked for me.
    have your staunch recovery ready to go when you run out of mana, use mana rods harvests etc constantly from the off if you have them. Take your med break before the 4th dragon and try kill him without burning all your mana as you will need it for main boss.
    Faster you kill the less time they get to power up the mini dragons, dont wait too long or the 4th dragon will be rough and take forever to kill.
    I killed clear/yellow/red/blue that order, then ran middle
  7. Derka Power Ranger

Our first attempt reset on crusader's then we figured to kill the add first to keep the clock from counting down. Also had to pull the dragon to the outside wall to avoid pathing cubes. It sucks getting ported to the golem death chamber lol. Aaryonar was rough we wiped twice on it and moved on to sleepers tomb. Aaryonar does like 315k nuke every 6 seconds. (179k and a 136k) gotta get it down to 60% fast then mechanics.
  8. Tren Journeyman

Maybe with the exception of Zlandicar, these group missions are hard for group geared players. I can't imagine even trying them with mercs. One of the biggest indicators to me that the group missions are hard, is that the raid geared folks aren't all over saying these missions are too easy. Though by me saying this, I imagine it will prompt some to say so. Our group is all group geared as well.

Couple of other suggestions that might help. The empowered fireplace has mana regen if you have enough fellowship members present. When placed near one of the ramps to Vulak, it seemed to cover us at all 4 dragons and then Vulak. Also, you may want to start with the dragon that has the adds and is very hard to slow because you will have the most time between area effects hitting you on the first dragon you kill. We started with the 2 furthest away and finished with the two closest to zone in. And while this shouldn't be necessary, you could possibly use staunch recovery right before Vulak. Anyway, hope this helps.
  9. Griggson Journeyman

Remember also... you are attempting these missions in TOV gear- maybe try again once upgraded with COV gear.
    I had a raid geared sk and clr, the rest TOV TS gear
  10. Axxius Augur

The reset messaging is wrong in any case. There are no 'servants' left. It reset because Vulak himself was left idle.