Fixed Internally Restless Ore dropping from trash

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tuhwin, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Tuhwin New Member

Per title... before in ToV, the T3 armor ores only dropped from named. In CoV, they are dropping from all manner of random trash.

Is that by design? A bug? Something that will be adjusted later once everyone has their fill?
    Also, the Snowsquall is NoDrop, unlike the Snowbound previously. Is THAT by design as well?
    Petalonyx, Jondalar, Shardin and 2 others like this.
  2. Griggson Journeyman

Would also like to know as i have had no ores from missions yet..by design?
    Shardin likes this.
  3. Tegila Augur

the snowsquall is nodrop by design. the rest idk
    Shardin likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Random drops expansion wide and no drops in missions almost sounds like it's intentional. I haven't tried any missions yet, but from what I'm hearing is that they're pretty rough for group geared players (especially in ToV gear), so it may be harder for them to get ores. This might be a way to balance it out a bit.
    Shardin likes this.
  5. Natal Augur

Restless ore is used for making the containers, it is not the rare component for making the armor piece. Container drops have allways come off trash. This is no different.

Not a bug. OP just does not understand what it is for.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Shardin like this.
  6. Tuhwin New Member

In fact I DO know what I'm talking about... But let me clarify for you since YOU seem confused.

Crystallized Restless Ore (Used inside the T3 crafted containers) are dropping from random yard trash.
    I've now looted maybe 40 of these.

Different that the Restless Velium Ore (Used to MAKE the armor, weaps, etc containers)
    I've looted a few hundred of these so far and, yes, crafted a few items with them..... putting the Crystallized Restless Ore INSIDE it.

Please go find another thread to derail.
    OldCa61, PCSS, Endorek and 2 others like this.
  7. Ysho New Member

I thought the same as Natal until your reply. In Western Wastes I've spent a fair bit of time killing trash and maybe about 10-13 named so far. I have not seen a single Crystallized Restless Ore from any named drop or trash. Zero total. Just pelts/diamonds.

On FV, not sure if a server can have individual loot tables.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Shardin like this.
  8. Tuhwin New Member

Not sure, Ysho. Suppose it's possible they'd have different code between Luclin and FV. They have server transfer differences already don't they?
    My apologies for not being clearer in the OP.

Point is, in ToV, the rare ores that go INSIDE the containers only dropped from named and missions. In CoV, they're dropping only from trash from what I can tell. Found that odd and thought I'd ask the powers that be. :)
    PCSS and Shardin like this.
  9. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Can confirm we're not seeing the Crystallized Ores drop from nameds or missions on EMarr either.

I have to assume it's a bug, otherwise it's a horrible design decision.
    PCSS and Shardin like this.
  10. Shardin New Member

Tuhwin:

Where did you find 40 of these? This must be a bug, we've done 3 hero missions, killed a hundred named, thousands of trash and haven't seen one drop.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. Tegila Augur

I asked a friend who's been getting a bunch off trash, and he said they were all lvl 115+ trash. I.e. probably phers. This is in WW on bertox
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

We were doing the partisan tasks in WW the other night, and on the one where you have to kill 20 caretakers (forget the name), we saw 2 ores drop during that 20 mob run.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Crystalized ore is supposed to drop rarely from certain trash.
    Since that's the title of this thread, I am going to mark it as not a bug.

The chest issue is a different bug (and I responded to it in the thread about it)
  14. Sancus Augur

How rare is it intended to be? You can gear up an entire character in best in slot group gear from a night of farming of certain trash mobs in CoV (e.g. frosted dracohliches in Western Wates).

It definitely feels like the rate is unintentionally high to me (not that it really matters, as I just need a handful for augs).
    minimind likes this.
  15. BrokenCue Journeyman

So, are you asking since you have all of your ores and would like the rate lowered? Asking since you said "not that it really matters". If it didn't matter, then you shouldn't have needed to comment. That will be my only comment on this thread.
  16. Slasher Augur

Exactly my thinking. Some raider has all he needs so lets nerf it so your average player has to take all year to get the amount.
  17. Tegila Augur

The rate isn't that high. Considering that they only drop off high level mobs not blues, and people that aren't ideally geared have to treat them like nameds almost, then if a REAL group(I say that despite being a boxer) would need 28-30 bricks times 6 people, that is not a 1 night stand. Maybe you got lucky, maybe you maul things like mad, maybe your "1 night" is 8 hours, bit no e of those things are typical, and then factor in needing for six actual players, which is what things need to be tuned to, not us boxers gearing our tank and saying screw the alts, and you get a much longer trek. Myself, I'm getting weird spikes. Everytime I quit for a while and come back I get first 2 in the first like 10 mobs, then I get one about 20 mobs later, a fourth another 30-40 mobs later, and the fifth can take 4-6 more spawn cycles(multiple hours). I should just stop aiming at 5 before I leave and make better use of my time by giving up after 3-4, but maybe it's just how the RNG hates me lol. Often, the first 2 drop back to back also.

Point is, your experience is far from typical.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and PCSS like this.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

From certain mob types, it's extremely high. From others, it doesn't seem to drop at all.
    PCSS and Sancus like this.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

Are the rare drops expansion wide, or just from certain mobs in certain zones?
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I hope the ores have equal chance from all mobs in the entire expansion, otherwise a few mobs will be perma-camped and act as a roadblock for the majority of players.
    Tegila, Velisaris_MS and Coagagin like this.