Teleporters from the upgrade editions go to the same area as guild hall port?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WorriedinNorrath, Dec 9, 2020.

1. WorriedinNorrath Elder

lol is that true? Seriously?
  2. Mookus Augur

As a wizard I find your displeasure with this humorous. We get nothing more from it either.

I know ... it sucks when your rewards are merely wizard abilities.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Actually scammed
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Sobmre and Fenthen like this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yes.

And they're actually saying with a straight face that getting people to buy a $139 premium item that goes the SAME location as the guildhall teleporter, which everyone gets with the standard edition...ISN'T a screwjob.

This will be the first AND last time I buy anything other than the standard edition.
  5. Febb Augur

That item alone you paid $139 for?
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Probably better explained in terms of the time saved due to the number of people multiplied by the number of expeditions they will be making to that location and surrounding locations.
  7. Cicelee Augur

For the past 10-15 years (or whenever the three tiered system of expansion costs began) I always bought the middle price expansion because there was one thing that I felt was important enough to spend the extra 55 dollars on. Majority of the time it was an individual port clickie that took me to a place in the expansion where I could bypass several zones and save myself some time running.

The other things that came with the medium price expansion were nothing of consequence and desire, merely fluff to me. If they had taken them out and not given them to me, I still would have paid 55 extra just for that one clickie.

Yes you get more with the 139 cost than the 35 cost. But if the purchaser only values one item out of the dozen that you get, and only will use one of the dozen itema... then to that person, spending an extra 100 for a guild portal clickie is worth it. And to spend 100 dollars on something that you can get for free with the 35 basic version....

Yeah I can see where many people who spent 140 (well 126) are peeved.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't really care where the portal goes, I purchased premium for the othmir illusion and bunny mount nothing else.

While I regret purchasing the expansion as a whole, I do not regret getting the Illusion and the mount.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Axxius Augur

The GH portal really needs to go to the vendor area in WW. It makes no sense for it to go to a non-hub zone where the other transportation already goes.

In all recent expansions the GH portal went to the hub zone with all the vendors, while the premium clickies and Wiz/Dru spells went to some other useful locations. This scheme was broken in CoV for no reason, and it needs to be fixed.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Vumad, Zynt and 3 others like this.
  10. Cicelee Augur

An idea-

It was advertised as going to CS. But it was not advertised as to what part of CS.

How hard is it internally to change the coordinates of the portal to go to the tunnel that leads to WW?

This way your advertised product is correct, and players can skip running across CS and then just click the guild statue, zone into CS, then run two seconds and zone into WW?
    Gyurika Godofwar, Tarvas and Nniki like this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have not purchased the new expansion but all guild halls that have the translocation guy now have "Othmir Clamshell" for sale at 446.249.

I am sure it will not port me but just saying all guild halls got it without buying it. Pedantic? Ya that was. o_O
  12. Razorfall Augur

This is a good idea.

Make the guild hall portal near skyshrine and it's all sorted
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It makes no sense for it to go anywhere other than the entrance to Skyshrine, being as it is called Skyshrine Brazier.

Changing the Clamshell to go to WW zone in would be more logical.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It makes no sense for it to go anywhere other than the entrance to Skyshrine, being as it is called Skyshrine Brazier.

Changing the Clamshell to go to WW zone in would be more logical.
    Nennius likes this.
  15. Axxius Augur

This is an odd side effect of Beta testing. Everybody's been using Old Man to get around, so nobody noticed this awkward travel setup. If we had to run to WW through those caves every time, I'm sure it would have been fixed way before the release. Instead of mass complaining and petitioning to get it changed after a patch or two.
  16. KrakenReality Augur

I don’t believe you.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

Absolutely.

I didn't spend that money for myself...I bought it so my guild would have access to the clicky. We take turns buying the expensive one so we'll have the port clicky. And I only bought it on one of my three accounts.

I have zero interest in mounts or illusions.
  18. Tegila Augur

I found the $90 and $139 packs to be not worth it especially since the last expac I bought NOT on sale, was RoF(and played, I got CotF too but didnt play it), and every version had some claims in them back then. I bought the $250 because it included all those things and then some, and all the tradeables are worth enough in Kronos(I am poor eq player not even enough plat to buy one) to offset almost the entire cost in monthly subscription, and that's without selling heritage crate prizes or the overseer pack(which I didn't know would be tradeable)

If I think to plan ahead, maybe next year I'll just buy the top pack for every account and get everything, and the entire year plus bonus Kronos, for $242 with tax each. If I just get it for 4, it'll pay for all 6 just no extra Kronos. That's $968 for 72 months and 6 expansions. Makes the expansions free.
  19. Fenthen aka Rath

I mean, could you really take another 52 weeks of ToV without a pitstop of 2-3 weeks in 6 more recycled zones?
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think the merchant camp in western wastes would have a better destination for the teleport clicky.