Increase Bank Storage Help

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Ichoris, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Ichoris New Member

Is there a way to increase my bank storage? If I get a house crate can I store items in my house or is that only for house items? Easy ways to increase my bag space? Seems like most of the larger bags I see are only on the cash shop. I play EQ2 and there are lots of options for extra space. Since I haven't played EQ1 in awhile I'm not sure what options are available. Thanks!
  2. birdsong_pawn Augur

1) Start by buying a house. I think the best option is to buy one using Loyalty Tokens from Alerynril the Loyal in PoK. You will need to pay upkeep on the housing lot, but it's not expensive.

2) For bags, your best bet might be the tradeskill bags. Search bazaar or hit up your tailor friends to make you some of these:

http://www.eqtraders.com/search/search.php?data[item]=unexpanded&min=0&hits=36&menustr=035000000000

You will need to expand the bags. Follow the guide below and note the bit about heavy bags (cheaper but only suitable for your bank) versus weight reduction bags:

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Bags#Unexpanded_and_Expanding_Tailored

3) Some nice bags drop randomly -- and infrequently -- from rare spawns (named mobs). I'm not sure what expansion that started in.

4) You can also get bags from completing Hunter achievements in some expansions. I think this started in the House of Thule expansion.
  3. Iuwene Augur

There is also a low level quest "Going Postal" which gives you a 20 slot bag.
    There are also a couple of quests for 10 or 12 slot weight reducing bags.
    You can get some from the hunter achievements but thats a long haul.
    Biggest player made bags are 20 slot for all items and 32 slot for tradeskill only items. These are regularly sold in the Bazaar.
  4. birdsong_pawn Augur

Ah yes, "Going Postal" was a good one that you can do at low levels.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't bother with a house crate since you will have to pay plat for the upkeep on those. Its a waste of plat, although not much.

Like was posted just pick up a couple houses from the loyalty merchant - they are all 300 items and can hold most anything. Buy the plots that are open for like 50 plat. And then you pay for the rent/upkeep on the plot with doubloons or what ever extra alternate currency you have. Then set your house and pay some more upkeep. I think I pay 7 doubloons for a week for plot and house.

You can own 3 plots but unlimited houses if you wanted some alts to buy the plots.

The tradeskill item only bags are usually player sold in baz and hold 32 tradeskill only items, like water, roots, pelts etc - So make or pick up a couple of those for your bank.

Double check your /claims since it sounds like you have had an account for a while - you might have a bag or two in there.
  6. Ichoris New Member

Thanks for the information. Very helpful. So houses can store any item? That is what was confusing me. Yes I have had my account since around Launch. Played off and on since then. Good idea about checking claims.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You don't mention what you are already using.

You can get 10 slot bags for ~1pp each from the tinkering vendors in PoK and CR. Deluxe Tool Box.

That will give you 100 inventory slots, 240 bank slots, and 40 shared bank slots.

More than you need, honestly, for a new char. And if you're a mule for an existing character, you should already know where to get bigger bags :)
    Nolrog and CatsPaws like this.
  8. Nolrog Augur

I was going to say the same thing. In addition to the 10 slot bags that are cheap and easy to get from a vendor, there are bigger bags: up to 20 slots you can get via tradeskills, some bags drop from named mobs (HoT and beyond), some are rewards for completing some expansion achievements and of course some are sold on the market place that are even larger.

Here is a good link about bags and how to obtain: https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Bags

Also the crates for your house can store several hundred items.

Sorry if I missed this, but what server are you on?
  9. Ichoris New Member

Thanks for all the information! I'm using mostly 10 slot bags now. I guess I'm just a huge pack rat. Haha.

Looked into the quest "Going Postal". Is that the actual quest name where you deliver mail to a bunch of places? I didn't see one that had a reward of a bag. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong quest.

Those 20 slot bags would help quite a bit. Will try to get a house. I'm on the Povar server. Thanks again!
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The quest is actually called Courier of Favor and is quite time consuming the first time you do it. And you can only get one bag as it is lore. Read all the comments on this link for some good tips. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5522

I like Pauls write up on bags here cause it links you straight to the different bag quests:
    https://www.paullynch.org/eqguide/guides/bags/

If your the type of pack rat the rest of us are you will need a house. I just wrote this walk thru up on another post:

The rent free houses are any in the /claim or /prize and any purchased with loyalty points or in the marketplace.

All of them from Loyalty points are pretty much the same as far as space and are the largest houses. The difference is just if you want the wood look or brick and the style. I like the country manor. You can go to other neighborhoods and look around to get an idea of what the look like. I buy mine thru loyalty. Like 430 loyalty tokens. So now you have your house.

Do not buy a house from the NPC in Sunrise hills - they are way too expensive (10k) and charge rent. The little house you get from the quest also charges rent but can only be paid in plat not alternate currency like I describe later. But it is also a nice little quest to get some more info on housing https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=6914

Plots. You need to find an open plot. It can be in an open neighborhood or if your guild has a neighborhood you can buy one there. You cannot buy one in someone else's neighborhood. So go to the gate off the lobby and click on it and look thru the neighborhoods for an open one - ie one that does not have a guild name attached to it or use the filters on the bottom to show open ones. Plots also have a limit on items you can put in your yard like horses, pets etc. So you can play around with finding the larger ones if you want.

Once you get to the neighborhood then look around till you see an open plot. There is a low brick border on all plots and a square stone and the opening of the brick wall. Click that square and it will show you if the plot can be purchased and for how much. If it shows someones name then you cannot buy it. Plots are less than 100 plat.

Now once you bought the plot you will need to put upkeep in it in order to use it. Using the EQ button - real estate - manage -will bring up a screen to set your payments and currency. (or shift M if standing on the plot) You will need to put at least one days worth of rent into the plot in order to set your house. I suggest putting a year's worth in.

There is a little arrow above the currency amounts that will allow you to change the currency from plat to other ways. I use doubloons. Again using your loyalty points at the loyalty merchant you can buy bags of 100 doubloons for about 11 loyalty points/tokens. It takes 7 doubloons to cover 1 week. Pretty good deal I think. You can also use other currency's but that seems to be the most cost effective one.

So now your plot rent is paid you can pick up your house from your inventory and with it on your cursor just move it around in the plot till it turns green. That means you can set it down. You can pick it up and move it some more if you want it facing a different directions.

Your done.

You can buy tons of stuff for your yard and house to decorate it. Thru marketplace, the baz and many items in the game that say "placeable" can be put on the walls etc. Players like to hang swords on walls.

Next time you go to the gate you can enter your name and then hit search and it will return your plot so all you have to do is select it and click go and you will be in your hood. The go to the coil looking thing to the right when you enter and click on it and look for your name and it will punt you to your house.

You can place a primary or secondary anchor on your plot or in your house which is a great way to port there also.

The hardest part of all this for me was finding an open plot. I resolved that issue buy making a guild and then buying my own neighborhood but that is the next lesson :D

Enjoy and any questions please ask.
  11. Ichoris New Member

Wow! Thanks CatsPaws!! That is an awesome walk thru for housing. I did the housing quest and got the house as a reward. I like you points about getting a house that can use alternate currency. Will get one of those for sure. Thanks for the info about the quest. I found it right after posting. Thank again!
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I use Doubloons from Loyalty to pay real estate upkeep, as well. One point worth making, you can't get these from the loyalty vendor if you are on a non-paying account. Only all-access can buy them (along with bags of plat, and a few other things). Another point worth making, you can get 16 slot bags from the loyalty vendor, even on a non-paying account!

However, even having said that, I think the upkeep is about 10 plat per day. Even for a relatively low level char, that's not a big stretch to pay for. Once you hit mid levels, it's a piece of cake.

While having lots of big bags is nice, and after playing 20 years, I certainly have a pretty big supply of them, housing really is a better system for storage, especially if you play a number of alts. With housing, you can access the items stored there with any of your alts, even on other accounts. So, you never have to log in another char to get an item you need.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  13. Ichoris New Member

Thanks Tatanka. I do have an All Access account so that won't be a problem. What is a good way to make plat? It seems like everything cost way more since I left. It does seem like housing will really help with my pack rat ways. Haha!
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I almost never go out specifically to make plat. Of course, I'm probably among the most poor of the 20 year players. Never had enough to even buy a Krono, LOL!

I just sell whatever isn't for tradeskills or quests, and that usually nets me about 5-10Kpp per play session, when I'm actually killing, as opposed to exploring, tradeskills, or PLing and alt. Now, I don't know what level you are, so that may be a limitation (I'm 111). And some zones just don't drop anything which sells for much. Find places where gems drop at a decent rate, and that should do it. Diamonds sell to vendors for ~190, and blue diamonds sell for ~220.

As for things costing more these days, there's very little you HAVE to buy. Spells as you level, merc upkeep, and everything else is negligible. You can buy neat shinies in the Bazaar, but you don't have to.

I let the balance grow mostly, and then blow some on rank 2 spell turn-ins, maybe some gear upgrades for an alt, etc. And even then, I wait til I see a price I like. Otherwise I do without.

I'm also a pack rat. I've got a guild hall and 13 houses, to keep all the crud I collect in this game. Mostly it's a pointless waste of time and effort, but about once or twice a year I have a need for a pile of something, and viola! I have that nice big pile of what I need, just waiting for me :)

If you share a bit more about your level, class, and play style, we might be able to offer better suggestions for saving up some plat.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

16. Ichoris New Member

Thanks. I'm a level 88 Ranger. I haven't played in a long time. My biggest plat sink right now is from getting my corpse back. My gear must be really bad. I die quite a bit. I have been trying to do quests and zones way below my level. The mobs are green/blue and it's pretty tough. For example ocean green hills. That zone kicks my butt and it seems like it shouldn't. I'm sure part of it is not playing for so long. Not even sure what gear I should be looking at. Maybe I need to upgrade my merc. I would love to be in a position to play older zones solo. I love the lore and the quests and the story. I really appreciate your posts. Thanks for the help!
  17. Ichoris New Member

Funny. Double post as well. You can't delete a post? Odd.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok your a paid account so make sure you have the J5 merc. You can get it thru the easy way thru No Heroism without fear in Feerrrott.https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=7485

Will be easy quest, has walk thru in the quest window and after your done don't forget to buy the new level on your merc. Some people do need help on killing Dracolich but you can do it with a tank merc but tons of folks will help if you just ask nicely in general chat.

That would be really the only time I run a tank merc for my ranger, if I am soloing she is the tank and I use a healer merc but that's totally a personal play style thing.

Did you auto grant all your AA? Doing this will give you every AA up to your level - 88 - all at once. Every time you level after that if the button is still clicked you will get them all for whatever level - again only for paid accounts. Does not include tradeskill AA

What does Franklin Teek offer for the daily hot zone on your server? These are kill 5 quest and give you bonus exp. and plat and armor that you can sell for about 10plat if you don't need. Since your level 88 you can ask for 80 and 85 and 90 tasks all at once then go do which ever you want and can still do the others. If you only ask for one then it will block you from asking for the others until the next day. These tasks change when the server resets. The other Teek offers HA that are going to be too hard for you for a while.

You can rez your corpse or others where it is with Tokens of Resurrection - you can buy those from the loyalty merchants for 86 tokens or from the Overseer merchant for way too much (lol). But if you need to summon your corpse you would still have to pay the guild npc for that but then you could rez your self there too.

Kinda useful if your group is in combat since the merc healers don't do rezzes in combat - just click the corpse you want to rez and click the token.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

OK, that zone should be OK for you, so let's concentrate there, and see if we can figure out what the issue is.

1 - make sure you have a top merc (J5). if you don't have access, look into the Feerrott quest to get access, though, that zone is slightly tougher than OGH, so, back to the original issue....
    2 - what kind of merc are you using? If having trouble tanking, I'd go with a tank merc, and let him absorb the damage. If the mobs are relatively easy, he shouldn't take much damage, and rangers can heal a bit.
    3 - Dying/rezzing. OK, let's assume you keep dying a lot, for now. How do we keep this from being a plat sink? First, only hunt where mobs don't see invis. I honestly don't know if rangers get invis, but there are cheap invis potions available, so get a bunch of those if needed. Then if/when you die, invis, and go get your corpse and bring it back to a safe spot. The main command to know about here is /corpsedrag. Target your corpse, get near it, type /corpsedrag, and drag to said safe spot.
    4 - OK, corpse is in safe spot now. Swap to a healer merc, and get your rez. Plat sink solved.
    4b - There's a vet reward AA, Expedient Recovery? maybe, which will summon (even from a different zone) ALL of your corpses and give you a 100% rez for each. It can only be used once every 4 (7?) days. If you're in a tough area, and will be generating multiple corpses, consider just letting them pile up, and use this to get all the XP back. Caveat!!!: you can only get XP back on corpses less than 3 hours old.

There's probably more to be said, but that should solve the immediate plat sink issue.
  20. Tegila Augur

Rangers have camo, and group camo, and at I think 90...fade(under avdefferent name). They've always been a key invis provider

Gear: check raidlootdotcom to find best in slot stuff for level and class, or just hut up the bazaar and use the filters, make sure to put a stat(hp is good to start) and you can see what's out there and how much. Should be able to wear 800-1209ish hp gear at 85, tradeable gear.

And on the housing note: for sharing storage with alts, you gave to go into nanage for that too and add at the appropriate permission level. All my toons are coowners of each other's houses.