How many Marsingers?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hegsheoshed, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Hegsheoshed Augur

According to the lute that is next to the drum on the crate on the stage Sunrise Hills it indicates that it is a gift from the Marsingers V. There are only 4 Marsinger npc's in the game. Is the 'fifth Marsinger' someone in the band that is not a family member? Do they have a bunk bed that goes up five beds? Who sleeps in the very top bunk?

Am I mixing up the Jackson V here or is it the Jacksons V?

Do Gnoman Gnumerals indicate 5 band members in this situation?
    MasterMagnus, Nniki and Rondor like this.
  2. Nniki Augur

"The Jackson 5 (stylized as the Jackson 5ive), later known as the Jacksons," according to Wikipedia.

The Marsingers V

Only 4 that I can find as well: Tralyn and Eve as husband and wife, located outside of The Wind Spirit's Song in South Qeynos, and their son and daughter, Stefan and Seana (twin siblings, apparently), located at the wizard spires in Greater Faydark.

Not that it appears to be relevant, but there are also only four stages to the Marsinger's Glimmering Gem quest.

The Marsingers V certainly sounds like a band, and a family one at that, but there doesn't appear to be any mention of its members. I can't say that it's related to the V, but Seana does mention Jusean Evanesque being an old friend of her father, Tralyn. Jusean is also located at the bards' guild in South Qeynos, where the Marsinger parents have gone to his aid.

Perhaps the four Marsingers, Tralyn, Eve, Stefan, and Seana, plus Tralyn's friend, Jusean, make up the five?

I came back to this one after analyzing Jakum V below. There are four who report to Tralyn, but I'm more inclined to believe it's a family group as mentioned above.

Eve Marsinger says, 'Sivina Lutewhisper, Marton Stringsinger, Ticar Lorestring and Mistrana Two-Notes all report to my husband, Tralyn.'

---

The texts indicate that we also have Lislia II, Felisity and Ton of Marsheart's Chords VI, and Idia and Jakum V.
    Lislia II

Perhaps Lislia II refers to simply Lislia and her drum? Although, Lislia II, unlike the others, sounds more like a person's actual name, Lislia the Second, than a band name, but once again, I don't think there's any indication of its meaning in the game either way.

Idia and Jakum V

There are four who report to Jakum in the League of Antonican Bards:

Idia says, 'Lyra Lyrestringer, Tacar Tissleplay, Kilam Oresinger and Siltria Marwind all report to Jakum Webdancer.'

Perhaps Jakum V refers to Jakum and his crew... or another variation of a reference to The Jackson 5?

I came back to this one after analyzing Marsheart's Chords VI and just wanted to leave this as a note; I believe the crew above is likely the composition of the group, as it doesn't really make any sense to group up those within the Songweavers guild hall in any significant way:
    Idia and Jakum, like Felisity and Ton, do not have NPC categories specified, as they just run the courier system.

Marsheart's Chords VI

For Felisity and Ton of Marsheart's Chords VI, I originally followed the same thought process as with Jakum V:

Ton Twostring says, 'Silna Songsmith, Travis Two-Tone, Drizda Tunesinger and Dark Deathsinger all report to Felisity Starbright.'

That'd add up to six, but I began thinking it could instead mean all of the bards (or, at least, guildmasters) at Marsheart's Chords, which also adds up to six when including Felisity and Ton:
    1. Felisity Starbright
    2. Ton Twostring
    3. Caskin Marsheart (Bard Guildmaster)
    4. Marus Kemson (Bard Guildmaster)
    5. Sten Harnak (Bard Guildmaster)
    6. Nashia Lanseb (Bard Guildmaster)
    Of course, that's excluding the merchants within the hall:
    This way Marsheart himself would be included, since, given the name, it's probably his band. There is also only one Marsheart, Caskin, so it doesn't seem as though it would be a family thing like with the Marsingers.

---

Texts from the interactive objects around the stage:

[IMG]

An ornate looking lute rests gently on the corner of the stage. Its neck is a bit warped and it appears to be missing a string. Along the side of its body there is a small inscription, 'May the wind bless your journey and the sky echo your song for years to come. - The Marsingers V'

This drum appears to be constructed out of relatively cheap materials, but you can sense a great amount of care and time was put into its creation. Along the top, on the stretched skin covering the body, the following words are painted in beautiful calligraphy: 'To my friends, may The League watch over you always. Lislia II'

[IMG]

This lute appears to be made of solid bronze, which makes the fact that its body is riddled with dents that much more impressive...

This lute appears to be in pristine condition. It is likely this instrument has never and may never be held in the hands of a musician. Its construction is beautiful even if its materials appear to be a bit on the shabbier side. Along the neck a small inscription reads, 'For your all your assistance in our hour of need, may this lute serve as a modest token of our unyielding appreciation. - Felisity and Ton of Marsheart's Chords VI'

The worn drum looks broken as you inspect it closely. This instrument has likely been the echoing harbinger of many battlesongs and warcries in its day. Before your attention is drawn away you notice a small line of green lettering along the side of the instrument, 'May The Mother of All bless your steps wherever your song may echo. - Idia and Jakum V'

[IMG]

A slightly worn impression of Ayonae Ro, the Maestra, adorns the back wall of the stage. Her gaze is somewhat unnerving, as if the artist was trying to convey a sense of turmoil or displeasure in the goddess' demeanor. Despite her odious appearance the image seems to radiate a warming light to those near the stage, as if soothing and almost melancholy music infused the air around you...
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

1. You have way too much time on your hands. :D

2. "Unsolved Mysteries: Everquest Edition". Fund it.
    Nniki likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

He left to play Chuck on Happy Day's but that didn't work out either
    Tatanka and MasterMagnus like this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

Dear devs,

This is what happens when an expansion is released with little to no content. Players like Nniki finish and get bored and do stuff like this.

Please consider this when designing next expansion content. We don't want Nniki to be bored again, do we?
    Nniki likes this.
  6. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Obviously, a character explained with a fictitious story but is actually the rightful heir of Guildmaster of the League of Antonican Bards and will one day claim the Musical Chair. Once all this restless ice stuff is fixed...we dive into that story.
    Nniki likes this.
  7. Captain Video Augur

Every time you name a five-member group as a V, it's a sure bet one of them will leave for a solo career.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

That way, they can push the "band strife" narrative for a few years, before all the members "magically" resolve all of their differences, get together for a reunion tour/new album, and make CRAPLOADS of money.

I'm looking at you, Eagles.
  9. Hegsheoshed Augur

That was an interesting and informative response. Pardon me for taking a while to remember I asked this question. If anyone understood the 5 tier bunk bed reference you probably have gray hair.