Cobalt Scar - Siren's Grotto path leads to warping mobs, trains

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Fenthen, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Fenthen aka Rath

The amount of see-invis mobs to get into the SG hallway, and the fact they are water mobs, means that area gets trained constantly. The fish, neriads, and other water mobs will sit, bugged on the hallway walls, warping back and forth. They will aggro anyone that gets nearby, and create a pretty sizable train as a result.

We couldn't beta test this since you had all mobs as indifferent con.

The mobs aren't able to be killed since they keep warping, and bringing mobs from across the zone to create a pretty respectable player corpse pile in that hallway area.

I recommend removing mobs from the entrance to the Siren's Grotto hallway, or making them not see through invis/IVU.
    Sissruukk, Barton, Jokskilove and 3 others like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

On live, I checked mobs as I ran, I was able to get to WW ZL with invis.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

You may have dodged the 14 sharks and set of sirens at the entrance then. Very few people will. And once you're in the hallway, they are unavoidable.
    Laurana and OldCa61 like this.
  4. Laurana Augur

Not to mention the occasional see-SOS mob. Here I thought SOS2 could not be seen through except a handful of raid/special mobs. Also a mix of live and undead, so double-stacked invis is best, but there are still some that see through. And the fact there is no Wiz/Dru port, or click to WW makes it even worse.
    Sissruukk and Fenthen like this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Beguiler sirens see through bard double invis for sure.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

SG trains and a ton of corpses in the water are pretty vintage though
    Duder likes this.
  7. Nniki Augur

Sharks warp to center of zone (ice covered area) and swim in the air as well.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Zeelot Elder

The pathing underwater is overall terrible. Mobs get stuck on geometry and take forever to pull, and sometimes they never make it to camp and become permanently bugged on aggro list while warping around..
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

I have yet to see any "bugged" mobs warping in that area. I've seen some wanderers from further in (possibly trained there), but none of the water mobs. I've yet to see any of the "hallway" mobs see invis.

You can run all the way from the CS port in spot to the SG tunnel without any invis at all...I've done it several times on my cleric.

The ONLY issue you might have in getting into the underwater tunnel is if there are TWO beguilers up at the same time. Otherwise, you can invis and just swim into the tunnel from the side that has no beguiler.

From there, you can run/swim all the way to WW with just invis, if that's where you need to go. If a cleric relying solely on invis potions can get there, anyone can.

The only issue I've seen is getting to the partisan task NPC. There WILL be at least one beguiler up around her, which makes it tricky. But, if you pay attention to what you're doing, you can get to her and hug the wall behind her without agro on the sirens.
    Zynt likes this.
  10. Triconix Augur

My guildie has deemed the flying sharks as Sharknado. It's perfect and I love it. Please don't fix the flying sharks.
    Svann2 likes this.
  11. smash Augur

A few years ago, there were a big bug that only came visible, when people lost xp when expansion came live.

This kind of show that all things should be on a beta like it will be on live when it goes live.

On beta most of mobs were neutral, until final movement,

My advice would be to put factions and such in a lot earlier, for people to be able to properly beta test it.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I can confirm this has happened on luclin - there is a definite "sharknado" spot in the middle of the zone - if you arel ooking for sharks and cant find them - try here - this is actually every shark in the zone at the time but you cant really tell that from the pic.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Similarly, neriads and all the fish are constantly hanging out of the walls/corners in the tunnel from the traditional CS section to SG section -- they hang up at ceiling level s most don't notice them until they whack you on the way by - yesterday, when we were killingthings in the tunnel we ended up with about 25 extra mobs to clear out, but they warp or phase between two locations, so you can work around it, its just very tedious, takes a long time, and is super annoying when every fish in the water is now aggro on you and able to hit you, but you can't hit them back 2/3 of the time.

is it gameblocking? no. but it is a nuisance.
    Svann2 and Fenthen like this.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

I brought this up during beta, mobs coming out of the water and ending up on land. I guess their fix was to make them warp to a spot in the zone. This is why we're having sizable trains in the CS-SG hallway.
  14. Pip Developer

We are aware of the flying sharks and the pathing issues in Cobalt Scar. I'm actively working on trying to fix that. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
    Skuz, Thunderkiks, Svann2 and 4 others like this.
  15. Fenthen aka Rath

Sorry guys. My photoshop skills are non-existent.
    [IMG]
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The thing I find amusing is the players predicted this long before CoV went into beta. Every water zone has this same issues.

I remember zoning into Gates of Kor Shar Lab a few months back and finding myself face to face with a fish!:rolleyes:
    Issk likes this.
  17. Windance Augur

Retitle this JAWS of Veeshawn ...

Svann2, Fenthen and Metanis like this.
  18. KrakenReality Augur

Just perma-root the mobs. You’re not going to fix EQ pathing.
    Yinla, Fenthen and Velisaris_MS like this.
  19. Metanis Bad Company

Who knew that a nearly 50 year old expression would be entirely appropriate for "modern" Everquest? Fonzie will be forever jumping that shark!
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

Or stop it with the water zones...one or the other.
    Fenthen likes this.