Seashells by the Seashore

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Calatank, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Calatank New Member

I'm all for spending time actually doing things. Running around finding small seashells on the seashore (makes a great song) but seriously? A full group needs to find 60 of these things.
    Lceanium had a lot of those ground spawns, and tons of spawns. This is just an artificial timesink that serves no purpose. Kind of like the TDS hail 5-7 times, but worse. Just wait until the half the server is on that step and grabbing spawns.
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

it is a solo task.....
  3. Annastasya Augur

4. Laurana Augur

There's enough of the small-sized for one person to collect them all in one go. They respawn in a couple minutes. It should only take a full group 20 minutes or less. If you're spending more time than that, you need to do more searching.
    Axxius likes this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

It took me about 20 minutes to gather them for 4 toons even with 120 people in the zone.

It probably would have been 10 minutes if it was not just me running one toon at a time. A normal group could be done in maybe 10 mins when they can all hunt by themselves.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Yea totally depends on how many besides your group are also doing it. Typical first day problem.
  7. Febb Augur

We need a easy button for this guy. Just give him all the achievements and such, apparently playing the game for him is too hard.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

This early in the expansion, with that many people in the base zone...use /pick and collect shells to your heart's content.
    Svann2 and Laurana like this.
  9. Vlad Diszno Augur

are there numerous spawn spots or just a few that might get monopolized?
    still combing the beach to find my first

edit: of course, now I start finding em
  10. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

if you use good's maps, follow the brown line - they spawn all along it, where the water meets the sand. some spawn points are back a few "feet" but they are all visible from the waterline meeting the sandline. they look like small reddish brown balls, they are very very small compared to usual ground spawns. good luck - we didn't have any trouble getting them really.
  11. Cicelee Augur

I mean, no one is forcing everyone to do all of CS progression on day one. In fact, you can do any zone at any time.

Yesterday I spent time in Skysbrine and TOV while the rest of the server was in CS and WW. I had the zone to myself for the majority of the day. Easy and no stress...
    Laurana likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We decided to do missions instead, half of them reset for no reason. :rolleyes: Wake me up in January when things might be working properly.
  13. Triconix Augur

It took all of 5 minutes for an entire group to get these done. This is world's quickest time sink if it is indeed intended to be a timesink. Why even play the game if every thing implemented is going to be a complaint? Would you rather sit at a spawn point for 30 hours hoping to snipe a turn in npc before anyone else can like what happens in older content in TLPs? Or how about sitting in a mini raid for a key mob, waiting in line for 18 hours, hoping you get your key, after killing the sole placeholder every 6 minutes?

Running around for 5-15 minutes collecting shells that respawn every couple minutes seems like the least of my concerns in this expansion.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.