COV comments...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Cindane Journeyman

I had the same conversation with guildmates just as servers were going down and we were 'stuck' in Skyshrine. I said I didn't rush to buy my port spells to CS after I saw the GGH porter can take them to the exact same zone (CS) - but closer to the mission NPC, even!! Give druids and wizzies some usefulness - it was great to be sought out in ToV because you could port to Great Divide 2 and save someone the run all the way to Velks' mission NPC, esp! I'd have full 'tell-hell' windows at raidtime from all the zephyr-to-GD requests.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

This is the type of EQ downtime discussion I come here for.:D
  3. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Can druids and wizards bind in WW and use Teleport Bind?
  4. Petalonyx Augur

Yes. I bound my druid at spells NPCs in WW, so presumably tele bind will work fine to get a party there.
    ZenMaster likes this.
  5. DruidCT Augur

Maybe you could make it like some other teleport items and let it convert to one that goes to WW as well? Pretty please. Sprinkles. Etc.

[edit: someone already suggested this, well thumbs up to that]
    Tallie likes this.
  6. Bardy McFly Augur

My one comment on this, coming at it as also a dedicated WoW player, is that the opposite end of the spectrum can be bad, too. Every WoW expansion in recent time has changed almost every class so drastically that it alienates the players that have invested serious time into learning how to be the very best at their class. Even worse, top tier raiders are often required to switch to a completely different character so that they play the "flavor of the month" class, otherwise simply benched for someone else playing the current preferred class.

Having a new expansion launch should not put players back to a feeling that they have absolutely no idea what they're doing and forcing them to throw out all previous knowledge and time invested in their class. There needs to be a happy medium.
  7. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I miss Hludwolf and Prathun but I'm glad they added Klanderso and glad Dzarn is still around.
  8. Poonghie New Member

Wait, what? There's a guild hall portal stone to EW2? So all this time I've been running to the griffon in NRo coz I like flying?
    Svann2 likes this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The devs come up being out of touch with this one. And yeah folks were expecting it to be the same as past expansions where the collector port was a premium port not the same place the guild hall npc can send you. Obviously whoever handled that left Daybreak a while ago or they all forgot the whole purpose of it.

I won't be buying any more collectors additions if this is the case in the future. And I guess I will have to just buy a regular edition to get in beta to see whats what.
    Skuz and FubarEQ like this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

No problem just add the option to go to Western Wastes in addition to Cobalt Scar. You make the collection item port worthwhile and since you are adding it in addition to Cobalt Scar there is no problem.

SOLVED.
    Vexana_Lanys and OldCa61 like this.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

One thing, that Im genuinely impressed by, are the zones themselves, they are beautiful and atmospheric. The music is also nice. :)
    Sancus likes this.
  12. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Wrong forums, this is EQ not WoW
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Skuz likes this.
  14. tamar New Member

um how are we surposed to get to ww and other new zones when everything sees though invis
  15. Sancus Augur

I agree. Despite all of the zones being revamps, they do look good and thematically are enjoyable to play through. The "coolness" of dragons does make this expansion feel better despite it lacking in some pretty big areas content-wise.

My least favorite expansion was and is TBM because I found it thematically completely uninspiring. It was a small expansion, but compared to CoV it had one actually new zone, more robust progression, many more missions, more interesting achievement rewards, and more spell/AA development. On paper TBM had more content by most measures, but I've already had a better time playing through CoV than I ever had in TBM.
    Skuz and Jumbur like this.
  16. Ninelder Augur

Well my guildees figured out a good joke to play on people, they have been changing the GP to original Cobalt Scar. Which is even funnier the second time you mistakenly take it. Your aid in their delinquency is appreciated!
    Nniki likes this.
  17. Harabakc Augur

Reign of Fear is the metric I think we should use to measure expansions by. You guys did an excellent job on that expansion. Whether or not the amount of content is the same, the quality was fairly high. There was a healthy mix of complex raids and flat out tank and spanks. A good spread of raids has some of both. You want tank and spanks for the dps to epeen measure and test with, and you want some of the more complex stuff as well. I know I would hope to see a healthy mix of both.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Now there is a thought, might make them use the damn dragon instead of changing the portal from East Waste.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

More level increases then please, I'm getting too old now for complex!
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I had no problems with getting to WW with just normal invis...? Perhaps you were spotted by a SI Named or a roamer I somehow missed?
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.