You do not own The Burning Lands

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Pikollo Augur

Will this change since CoV is out?
  2. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

I hope not. I don't want to own it. Last expac I bought was like some garbage with monster missions or something. Somehow it now already tells me I own 24/27. They keep handing them out.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

4. FranktheBank Augur

Let's not pretend like you would ever be close to this.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Probably due to corona virus.
  6. Machen New Member

I'm guessing at most a couple hundred players have ever faced this conundrum out of tens of thousands of TLP subscribers over the last ~8 years. I'm also guessing that if they stuck with their server for 4+ years to reach this point, shelling out $45 for CoV isn't gonna be the bridge too far.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

On Phinigel
    Bought CoV (standard) 3x
    Happy but waiting on Truebox to get switched the hell off.

If your TLP server is going to reach live in 2021 then getting CoV is a no-brainer, unless you plan to head to another TLP rather than go through TBL/ToV.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Pikollo Augur

I heard a rumor that TBL will be free but not for a few months. It sounds like they are trying to force Selo/Phini to buy the expansion before they make it free. Kind of a move if you ask me. I was planning to buy CoV in late January for my accounts so I could play in February but these kind of slick moves got me wanting to say eff DPG. If the expansion will eventually be free then make it free now like you have with expacs in the past. Don't make the people on the servers you neglect pay for an expansion that should be free.
  9. Aegir Augur

That doesn't really makes sense, we'll be reaching live before the next expansion hits, so we have to buy CoV eventually anyway. Probably hit Dreamweaver with a PM.
  10. Pikollo Augur

Not sure if you are replying in a "so what ya gotta buy it anyways" vibe or a "thats dumb cuz eventually we have to buy it no matter what" kinda vibe. I don't know how the past has been as far as how quick the 3rd expac back becomes free once a new expac is released (most games its same day). If it should have been same day then this is a shady move to get all their expansion money now which I don't agree with.

My personal plan was to buy the expansion x2 in January after the holidays to make it a little easier. If I knew I would be forced to buy it now I would have gotten pre-order bonuses + beta. DPG's lack of communication when it comes to these things is the worst I've seen out of a company.
    Aegir likes this.
  11. Aegir Augur

I'm totally with you on this matter. Sorry if I my post sounded otherwise.

I Will still think this is a mistake until proven wrong.

Because, here we are, two servers with not the greatest population but still good customers, ready to join the live server roster next year, that would result in a good bunch of new people buying new expansions every year. Why force us, and possibly anger some of us, to buy an expansion now we all eventually will be buying at least before summer 2021.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm pretty sure they unlock the next "Free Expansion" at the anniversary every year.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Would make sense.
  14. Machen New Member

Yes. It's never been at expansion launch, at least not any time recently.
  15. FranktheBank Augur

Speaking of, how much krono do the tradeable versions sell for?
  16. Pikollo Augur

Hence why I said I don't know if thats how it was in the past. So if thats the case it sucks where it falls since Selo will be there in January.
  17. yodo Augur

When ToV launched EoK(?) was granted at basically the same time, before that it got up to 4 expansions behind before they granted them. It's most likely just a manual thing that needs to be done and they'll get to it eventually when they remember to do it.
  18. Conq Augur

I know several people still looking to buy CoV tickets on Tunare, willing to pay 5 or 6 krono each.
    Conq
  19. xaga Elder

i mean everyone cries that EQ has no resources to do anything. why not support the company that feeds your addiction?

Have not played on live in a long time, but still continue to support the studio when i can...

i am sure that i am not alone in this.
  20. FranktheBank Augur

This is less about not buying it and more about procrastinating buying it.

Pikollo is on Selo and I assume that most of Selo active pop will be getting CoV so we can finish our run.
    Skuz likes this.