Servers Up....Servers Down

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by DillyBar, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Jondalar Augur

So launch day is the 9th then. Not the 8th. Given it's been up for what 29 minutes total?
    Nennius likes this.
  2. johntherob Journeyman

This isnt because of people logging on That would cause the login server to stall it wouldnt cascade crash every server. This is because Beta testing is fine but they need a up to date dedicated test server to try new code on before actually putting it live. I am not saying they dont HAVE a test server but they dont USE it for full on tests.
  3. Eyezing Lorekeeper

I don't see many other games have this issue upon release. Can't tell me this isn't avoidable, especially after 26 practice runs
  4. LesserArchi Elder

Server being overloaded. FV server was experiencing the overload already before the CoV release. I figure lots of people were expecting this. At least it would be a lagfest today even if the server was up.
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You don't see many other games running around with 20+ year old code operating at this level either.
    Jein-ko, Tegila, Tatanka and 3 others like this.
  6. Metanis Bad Company

Every software company deals with old code. It's not like they're destitute and without options.
  7. Jarsi Lorekeeper

2 additional hours tacked on can I hear 2 more hours to make it a full 12hr day!?
  8. Vlad Diszno Augur

Attached Files:

9. Svann2 The Magnificent

The patch has been on test server for a week I think.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

I doubt much of any of the current game is 20 year old code.
  11. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

I mean the solution is to stop making expansions. It's most logical, the most expensive cost, and the least amount of revenue. When servers aren't up we can't blow money in the store on more pixel illusions and bags.
  12. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

I'm not even mad, just curious how after over two decades and 27 expansions you can still f#$@ up this bad.
  13. HicksAradune Augur

Lol they banned me from their discord for making a joke about how the new owners will be impressed with this expansion launch....

but wow, what a level of incompetency. WoW launched shadowlands last week, and it was the fastest selling game in history - with over 3.7million copies sold. And the launch was FLAWLESS.
    Emerikol420 likes this.
  14. Qelil Augur

That's nice. Too bad it is still WoW.
    Jein-ko, Tegila, Emerikol420 and 3 others like this.
  15. ThatOneGal New Member

Seems about on par for 2020...
    You should stay home...
    No wait, it's ok to go out a little...
    OMG no! STAY HOME...
    We think it's ok now...
    NOPE! Go back inside!

Servers are up!
    No, hold on...
    Ok, NOW they're ready...
    Wait...no...not ready...
    Ok, you should be good now
    Nope - 3 moar hours!
    Tegila and Emerikol420 like this.
  16. Rili New Member

At least we can give them credit for being consistent. In 21 years, I don't think there's ever been a smooth launch. So... yay, go them!
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

I took off the last 6 months of work for this!@
    Qelil likes this.
  18. Lilura Augur

19. johntherob Journeyman

it is time to shut the servers down for 6 hours. Delete this new failed expansion. Send it back to the drawing board for a month of testing on a real test server, not this beta stuff, then re release it in January.
  20. Qelil Augur

The Five Stages of Expansion Launch
    Denial - No... no... this can't be happening again. Nooooooooo!!!!!!!
    Anger - Burning rage consumes us all, well hopefully not all.
    Bargaining - Fix this or I go play WoW except really I won't.
    Depression - As time goes on a dark cloud settles over Norrathians everywhere.
    Acceptance - Nope, not doing it. Forums time!
    20 years and some folks still haven't reached acceptance but then grief is a very individual thing.