COV comments...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Most of the staff that deals significantly with the level increase, deal with "Standard" stuff that is expected. This is the "Systems" designers. They make Items (Need them level increase or not), Spells (Need them level increase or not) and AAs (Level increase or not.) AA's and spells do have it harder on the level increase expansions, and items has a bit more, but not significant for items. (more item spells need upgrading)

The NPC's increasing in power is handled on a table that has to be updated every expansion anyway. It's about a 1 day task to update this table. To account for level increase, perhaps a 1.5 day task, so not a significant hit. It may also take additional tuning time in beta, but still, not more than a day or so. (A few hours a day spread over multiple days to dial it in) Not enough to get another zone. MAYBE one more simple quest, but not much more content.

To content (the people that make quests and raids, populate zone) the level increase has almost no impact. They already have to know what level of NPC;'s go in a zone. It's maybe an extra 15 minutes to consider the spread for a level increase.
    The spells they make need to do more damage and maybe have more counters. That they ask the system teams what the power upgrade is and incorporate it. Also not a significant hit on their time.

So level increase is not a significant indicator of how much content we can complete in an expansion. Other factors, mentioned in this thread, are the real key. There is an impact on systems, but that doesn't directly relate to content. At most it's how complex a raid I can make :) (Level increase got Servant of the Sleeper, a fairly simple to implement raid, non level increase got Sontalak, a fairly complex (though not the most complex) raid.)
    Bobokin, Bardy McFly, Endorek and 4 others like this.
  2. Kelset Elder

It's the only reason I bought it, not happy if this is the case.
    Fenthen and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Think of all the plat you save on stones! Totally worth it!
    nitrocutter likes this.
  4. Ninelder Augur

It is really lame. IMO the individual and GH Teleporter should of taken people to Western Wastes. I say this however....

Our guild hall has a Stratos teleporter disc that basically makes up the floor of the Guild Hall Teleporter... It has been here since day 1 of TBL. Yet to this day, I sometimes wander into the guild hall and find that someone has changed the Guild Hall Teleporter to Stratos... I used to publicly point out how stupid they were to change the GH teleporter to Stratos... for the first year... After that I just don't know what to say...

All that being said(or not said,) I did buy the collector's edition on two accounts. For the Bunny Rabbit Mounts... Of course for the Bunny Rabbit Mounts!!! Tell me I am not the only one??? Bunnies!!!
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's the only reason I bought it...for the guild. We've been taking turns each expansion on buying a pricey version just to get the clicky for the guildhall.

They need to change the statue and personal clicky to go to WW. That makes WAY more sense.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'm not sure we can since we sold it as teleporting to Cobalt Scar. (That is what it says on the website)
    Jennre likes this.
  7. Sancus Augur

Can you change the guild portal to WW? The original test patch notes listed that as the destination.
    Vumad, Fenthen, Axxius and 8 others like this.
  8. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I don't play on live and don't really have a dog on this fight, but I've had a lousy day and with the servers down I don't have anything to do but troll the forums so I just want to be snarky and point out that even if the website says that, it shouldn't be hard to think up easily a dozen ways to add a WW port.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  9. E'ci - Knight Errant Journeyman

It doesn't affect me.

However, could you not add an exchange that would replace the current item with the CS port with another item (with the same graphic, perhaps with a shading difference if you like) that would go to an alternate zone?
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why? TBL was the same, both went to stratos
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

TBL also had everything locked behind progression...it made sense for the clicky to go there.
    yepmetoo and Skuz like this.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

I KNEW I had seen it somewhere that the guildhall portal would go to WW. I wasn't crazy. :D
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Do you think it's right to make people pay $139 to get an item that does the same thing as the guildhall teleporter?

Why don't you change the guildhall porter to go to WW, like you seem to have intended (as the Test server notes indicated)?

Why did you wait until launch to spring this change on people?
    Vexana_Lanys likes this.
  14. Whasajiggawho New Member

Yes, but that was before there was any indication that Cobalt Scar was the first zone in the expansion. It wasn't until later that anyone could've known that the clicky went to the same zone as every other port, making it functionally useless.

Last expansion:
    Guild Hall teleporter: Eastern Wastes
    Guild Hall / personal clicky item: Crystal Caverns
    Druid & Wizard ports: Great Divide

This expansion:
    Guild Hall teleporter: Cobalt Scar
    Guild Hall / personal clicky item: Cobalt Scar
    Druid & Wizard ports: Cobalt Scar

The clicky items last expansion went to the "central" expansion zone, where you go to get type 5 augs and gear components. The new expansion should do the same, so Western Wastes.

The Guild Hall teleporter went to the "first" zone in the expansion for ToV, so Cobalt Scar makes sense for CoV.

The Druid & Wizard ports should match what they originally were for Velious, so Cobalt Scar makes sense there too.
    Vexana_Lanys and MageGuy like this.
  15. Slasher Augur

How about changing it to a lamp like tbl ? Let it go to both zones.
    Vumad likes this.
  16. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I remember the transfat fries. And transfat KFC chicken too.

While they aren't the same as they once were, still good.
  17. Tegila Augur

nobody made you buy it, and its not the only thing in the package.
    Tarvas likes this.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

You're right, no one MADE me buy it...I bought it to get the statue clicky for the guild as that was the only way to get it.

Nobody knew until today that it was a completely useless item that I threw my money away on, because all indications were that the statue went to CS and the guildhall portal would go to WW. But it will be the last time I spend that level of money on this game.
  19. Ninelder Augur

You are just trying to make sense... Stop it! The Druid teleport should go to WW cause you know animals. Surely there is a huge Brontotherium and Mammoth Poo-pile shaped in a druid circle somewhere in a part of the zone that no one will ever want to go!!!

The wizard port should go to a room full of KoS see invis mobs in Skyshrine because... history... e.g. Cazic Thule, Skyfire(Original-flavoured and Extra-Crispy RoS!) Corpses make a great replacement for zone graphics. Enough of them will ensure the party lag out long enough that they zone in dead, side-lining them to both the guild lobby and a corpse run(AKA creating content...)

Seriously, how many druids and wizards are even left at this point? Why not show those two dozen players the love they have grown accustomed to in the 21 years EQ has been around, pure and unadulterated disdain! Feces and body-bags for everyone!!!
  20. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Its like a tasty enema... I enjoy the flavor going in and regret, but definitely expect, it will come out later in the evening. I don't think Taco Bell was made to be digested properly.