<Feedback> Improve Account Management + Suggestion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SwordandShield, Dec 8, 2020.

1. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

My suggestion is to the developers to improve account management, especially for people that own multiple accounts. I have seven accounts, and in the past I have paid for all of them using my debit card. It would be easier for me (and others) if we could manage more than one account at the same time. A possible fix could be to have a account specifically for account management, and login server accounts. /P99 already has this sort of functionality available. Why can't EQ developers do it?

Create a character login-token system
    It is pretty obvious now that developers have no interest in allowing players to transfer characters between accounts. I have suggestion which might fix the problem for a select few people, and increase the revenue for the company.

The current system only allows one character per account to be logged in at one time. My suggestion is to offer a token system where people can pay a fee to be able to log onto more than one character per account. The charge would be the monthly fee for the first character and then a certain per character fee for each additional character. People could potentially have a single account but have the ability to group any of the characters together (assuming they have enough tokens).
    Potential Benefits
    1. People that refuse to pay for more than 3 accounts may be willing to pay for a token or two to be able to add another character to their team for a uncharacteristically difficult mission or quest.
    2. Characters are less likely to be overwhelmed and continue to play if they are able to concentrate on a given set of characters. In the current system you might need multiple Shadow Knights to make sure that all your group setups have the type of tank that you like.
    3. Freedom of choice: Players could play any combination of their characters (as long as they have enough tokens).
    Potential Issues
    1. Shared banks may make this impossible, but I don't see the difference between a shared bank and a guild bank.
    2. Maybe some coding issues.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This has been suggested many times. Discounts for multiple logs ins on the same account.

Not sure why they would want to discount the monthly fee when if someone wants it bad enough they will pay for the other account. Or just do a F2P.

And its not that developers have no interest in allowing players to transfer characters between accounts - its the game mechanics can no longer can do it tech wise and if the game could then there are no devs who know how.

This looks like a huge pile up on the freeway - think TLP - Heroic's.
  3. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

I heard that character transfers were to costly in terms of human interaction. They don't have the support team which would be required to support transfers between accounts. My guess the difference between server and account transfers is the steps required to check if fraud hasn't occurred, i.e., selling of characters, and that check probably can't be automated fully (or at all). I really did believe the step to give everyone Veteran Rewards was a step toward allowing account transfers again.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Even JChan had no idea what Fading was talking about when asked if there were plans to offer account transfers again and then when reminded of what it was said it would not happen. This was right after she took over.

Veteran rewards were made available to everyone cause TLP was whining again. ;)
  5. Tegila Augur

improved account management..lol...

acccount management wasw inaccessible to everyone with an udnerscore etc in their username for a week an a half, during bonus xp during a sale..without 1 word from them or 1 iota of an apology or remuneration. you think theyre going to improve accoutn management? they dont care about the account management already in existence. people cancelled credit cards over that and still the ydidnt care
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

The story going around for the past couple of years is that there was one person who knew how to do account-to-account transfers. Obviously there was code (or scripts, stored procedures, whatever) to help with this. That person left and no one knows where the code is. I'm not passing that off as fact, just saying that's what the story has been.
  7. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

I had a funny thought. Can you imagine the guy left because he was asked to automate the task, i.e. removing the need for his job! lol
    Accipiter likes this.