/up is it still working?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xtor Zadamose, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Xtor Zadamose Journeyman

I get on before 3:05pm est. The servers had just come up at 3pm est if the 6 hour downtime is believed. I do /up it shows that the server was up for nearly 4 hours with pok being up only a few minutes less. Of course no named mobs in any of the zones i was after as they had been up roughly the same time as the server. Is it possible the command is not working properly and i have just had a bad string of luck when it comes to named mobs?
  2. seber Augur

I am bet more 18hr
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It works fine...................if the game server does too. The game servers are not right now so its not something to depend on atm
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The time the server is up is not the same as the time it is unlocked.
    Tatanka and Sokki like this.
  5. Xtor Zadamose Journeyman

I was wondering about the /up command because i have been trying to get named mobs. Not for loot but for the hunter achievements. It hasn't been going well to say the least. Oddly after the servers were locked the zones seemed to reset. I can get on with a few characters. I have no idea why all the servers are locked. The Cazic-Thule server is still running. I am on it now even though it's locked. I guess because i was able to get on earlier and it must have allowed me to stay connected. So is it normal now for the servers and zones to show as being up for hours after the monthly patch? I have only checked the last 3 months and only on the 1 server. I know for sure that didn't happen in the past.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. Jennre Band Leader

Patches don't necessarily take servers offline. Sometimes they don't even need to reboot them. They DO need to bring down the world though.

Think of it like stopping a service to run an update on an application on your PC. You stop the app from running to update it, but don't restart your computer every time.

Patches most likely take servers out of rotation to update the code on them, stop the application, update the code, restart the application, put the server back into rotation, etc.
    Andarriel likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Don't forget that patches include people running checks on each of the servers before they unlock them so they will always come back up and be running long before the servers unlock for the players
  8. Ninelder Augur

The servers are running as expected. We often have extended downtime on patch days much less new expansion patch days. Is anyone really surprised that they aren't up?
  9. Xtor Zadamose Journeyman

Thanks Jennre. I didn't realize they could keep the servers up and locked out while performing maintenance. I thought they had to bring them down. That must be why i have seen the servers/zones /up for hours after a patch was finished.