Narandi loots "exploited"?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by monzie, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

So if you've finished top 3 gamewide something something you are relevant but otherwise you are not?
    Ishbu likes this.
  2. straynge Journeyman

Well by his logic it isn't an exploit until someone is punished, so he's done nothing wrong. Taking advantage of bugs is a feature unless you get punished
  3. Ishbu Augur

No, taking advantage of a known bug would be an exploit. Using a quest as it functions with no comment on if its bugged or intended is not.

Otherwise you are saying every single person that ever clicked jboots durign combat was exploiting because that was a bug that got fixed. Even the ones who simply clicked it once because the buff was fading, they got free aggro!

Its like if a store is selling an item for 99.99 but they accidentally code it on the bar code for 9.99. Are the people who bought one and got it cheap stealing? Nope.
  4. Ishbu Augur

It wasnt a confirmed bug til now. Taking advantage of it going foward would be exploiting the bug. But that was never what this thread was.

This thread was saying the players exploited something that was not a confirmed bug at the time. Context of the situation matters, or is that too much for you to follow?
  5. straynge Journeyman

That's a whole lot of words for "yeah exactly"
  6. Ishbu Augur

Thanks for confirming it was too hard for you too follow. Stay in school!
  7. straynge Journeyman

Wait wait, explain again how taking advantage of a bug isn't an exploit, for those of us who haven't got our rule lawyer degree. The bug must be confirmed by a forum mod for it to be an official exploit? How are retroactive punishments to be handled? Can you expound further sir?
  8. Triconix Augur

Tell that to the people who were banned for "CactusGate". I'm sure they would feel differently with that thought train.
    Pano and Xoner like this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Thanks for validating my earlier post.
  10. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

[IMG]
  11. Justanothername New Member

Lol man you all are so triggered of this. If something like this upsets you so much, i think it might be time for you to get out of the basement and get some fresh air.
  12. straynge Journeyman

Oh dang, a get out of your basement joke on an EQ forum. I've seen it all folks
    Duder likes this.
  13. merkmerk73 Journeyman

How is this even an argument? lol

Is MQing is an exploit? NO DROP was intended to be NO DROP. Yet exists, players love it, and it was left in.

Turning a head in multiple times to the same guy and getting multiple rewards isn't an exploit.

Or do you want to say being able to shortcuts for Di'Zok quest and Necro skullcap are exploits too?

I would argue that it's dumb and unintended by the quest designers, though.

Anyhow this whole topic was created by someone who bought a Narandi crown for 5kr and is mad they're like 500 plat now
  14. monzie New Member

merk, your side lost and you showed up whene everyone was done...go to another thread

ishbu also got destroyed in this thread

yes i am and was uber, how everyone reacted on this thread is how fifth rate players always react...divide to 2 sides and argue loudly while people like me get amused for free...

basically im a king and youre all court jesters wtg im done paying attention, as this is boring now

respond jesters respond the king wont be watching~
  15. Endacer Augur

Read the OP post to find out where. "{Snip Removed the exploit description. I do have it noted - Ngreth}"
  16. Lejaun Augur

The number of people trying to defend the exploit is a perfect example of the population that brings this game down and who try to burn through every exploit they can for monetary and in-game benefits. Luckily, they aren't the whole population.
  17. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Those defending it just sound like scumbag internet scammers.
    Makes you wonder if they are like this in their real daily life...most likely are now that I think about it.
  18. Njustlight Journeyman

Just because it's happening does not mean it's not shady or an exploit. For example, I mentioned an exploit that is no longer in the game. It wasn't shady, it was using the game as it was set up originally but it gave players an unintended advantage which is what makes it an exploit. You used to be able to trigger Phinigel to port to the Kedge zone in using Eye of Zomm and moving a few feet. It saved an hour plus of clearing trash. But that's not what was intended to happen. So they fixed it. What you're doing by those established standards, especially if he's dropping the normal Dain loot table, is very clearly in the same vein. Hence, stop bragging about it or fully expect it to get fixed as is likely with the Narandi loot.

*And just for further clarification here. I personally dont' care about your multiple spawns or the extra Narandi loot. I did plenty enough of that "world-first, bleeding edge" crap back in the day. Now I just want to play my toons and kill some time. You farming Dain cloaks benefits me by driving the cost of them down in the exact same way that AOC means way more warriors/paladins/bards/etc running around with epics at this stage than there were on Live in era. I'm just saying stop bragging before you get it nerfed on yourself and talk yourself into a suspension/ban.
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

o_O
  20. Njustlight Journeyman

What, did you not play EQ before the 2000s? Yeah, it took an hour plus when a fair amount of your raid is wearing banded and using fine steel lol

It's amusing though that those are the two items from my post you tried to connect lol.