Narandi loots "exploited"?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by monzie, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Please go on. I've just GOTTA know where you're going with this!
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  2. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

That's some swagger for 2 posts. I got the popcorn!
    Xoner likes this.
  3. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

The EQ equivalent of "Do you even lift, bruh?"
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  4. ClayPigeon Baja Bandit

When I imagine Monkly I see a sad middle aged man with no batphones to zerg today, bored of out his mind, so decides to go on the forums to 'troll' and this is the best he can muster?

ForumQuest you're doing it wrong.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  5. Njustlight Journeyman

Don't know that actually makes a ton of sense together though. Back then it wasn't uncommon if a GM was attending a raid to award everyone something, especially in the case of "game first" achievements. That doesn't equate to the intent of the devs. What I can say is that when I did my 10th ring on live, in era, the turn in mob did despawn immediately following turn in. Why it's working this way now, I can't say. It's entirely possible that the despawn was tuned to allow some of the TLP servers to get more loot so they weren't stuck under-geared in further expansions (e.g. the double loot in UF) and to allow them to complete the expansions in a reasonable time. However, those things were generally publicized.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  6. Ishbu Augur

He is arguing about something he clearly doesnt know about and resorting to forum post count shaming like it means something.

This is as stupid as when people said the election was rigged because of how many twitter followers the candidates each had.

Bad argument is bad.
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

If you had a decent argument post count doesn't matter.

When you have 2 posts and you claim you are or know someone who is " top 3 gamewide pre sod...tss...oow".

I'm skeptical mmmkay?

They are free to post on a real main account, or deal with the lack of cred their forum alt account has. Or maybe they aren't even who they say they are at all?
  8. Triconix Augur

Read it and weep. Confirmed bug by devs. It's now officially an exploit. I guess my logic isn't so flawed after all :rolleyes:

Congratulations cheaters! Happy hunting!.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-ring-10-war-bug-exploit.272086/#post-3985603
    Skuz likes this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

This sure blew up unnecessarily.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Triconix Augur

I wonder why. Maybe stubborn people not believing veteran players that it was a clear exploit, perhaps? lol. Good job on the bug report. It's now official.
    Skuz and MasterMagnus like this.
  11. Njustlight Journeyman

Just to give them the benefit of the doubt, player populations change and it's quite possible a lot of these people didn't play SoV in era and don't remember that the game actually used to be very hard. Single raid events (like the Ring War) always had limited numbers of loot items to drop, and that devs used to be VERY quick to fix anything like this that gave players an advantage because back then you had an entire year in an expansion. Hell, I still remember the day the old Eye of Zomm bug was patched out on Phinny. My guildmate reported it and it took literally 20 minutes between the time of report until servers came down. Even if I hadn't done this quest myself back then, as a player in that era I would have real trouble believing it was intended to behave this way back then.
  12. Ishbu Augur

Im reading this and at no point does a dev say this was an exploit. They say there is some bug they are aware of, but nothing to the effect that what was done was an exploit.

Looks a lot like a case of "if you kids dont stop whining, Ill turn this car around"

Some of you whined and now the car is going to head home? Congrats on being 5 year olds I guess.

If it was an exploit they would remove the items in game. They have done that in the past with actual exploits, regardless of where the items that were exploited got transferred to.

So based on your own link there, just something they are planning on changing, but never once confirmed as an exploit because *gasp* it wasnt.
  13. Triconix Augur

Lmao. It's a confirmed bug. That means that the actions taken to take advantage of this bug is...an exploit.

[IMG]
    Skuz and MasterMagnus like this.
  14. theonepercent Augur

He also tells you read the post on how to report an exploit, seems pretty clear to me.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Triconix Augur

Which I had already did prior to Ngreth posting it.
  16. Ishbu Augur

Something be bugged is not the same as someone exploiting the game. Again, if they take away the items and/or flat out state it was an exploit, I would change my stance but they still havent done either so its just more whining.

Hell I bet these self touted "veteran" players think spawning multiple dains with the 7th shawl is an exploit too. Its not, but lets see them figure out how Im able to do it.
  17. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

In case anyone is reading this not logged in and can't see my new sig that went up today.

The single headed giant dropped it's single head.
    And upon it lay a single crown. "But let us take another." A greedy beggar said.
    "For it's I that took the giant down, but I'll spread the wealth around!"
    "And let's take a few more extra. To sell them back in town."

<bow> I really have nothing more for you.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Njustlight Journeyman

TBH I have no idea how you'd do that as I despise tradeskills lol. However, as a fellow player I would point out that it's probably not a great idea to brag about spawning multiple named mobs that are clearly intended to only have a single one up. Especially not in a thread where you're essentially arguing with a player that's also bragging about reporting a bug. Just seems like a recipe for a lot of unneeded hassle for you.
  19. DruidCT Augur

Whhhhaaaat? All exploits are a result of a bug. Unintended mechanics are a bug. Taking advantage of a bug is an exploit. I am baffled by the opposing arguments. If this isn't an exploit can you give me an example of what is and how that is different?
  20. Ishbu Augur

I
    I wouldnt post about it if it was anything close to being shady or an exploit. Its completely legit. Im just throwing it out there to show that these self proclaimed eq forum lords dont really know all they claim to.

My one character will be spawning multiple dains with the 7th shawl next time we pop an Icewell DZ. Its completley legit but Im sure they think its an exploit because they didnt figure it out first or get the loot themselves.