Claws of Veeshan raid information.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Absor, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Rolaque Ancient

The inmates are acting like they run the asylum. But that's not new.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Uh, this isn't a snap decision. Moving them all to Saturday would help out a LOT of people, and only "hurt" a couple people, we all know this.

You have to know you're in a minority on this. Week day openings will not stop people in the top X guilds (barring a couple that will raid on their time line no matter what) from logging in. We just waste vacation time. This is a simple QoL improvement.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You'd think that, but some people care way too much =P

I left 8 vacation days rot last year. I don't mind wasting a couple on eq raids.
    Jennre likes this.
  4. Zigie Journeyman

I remember when we used to have KEYS that could be tracked. I miss checking EliteGamers to see which all guilds had broken into the 3rd Tier of the current expansion.

Kinda hard to have a race when there is no hard metrics you can use to call a winner.
    Oh sure, you guys beat the expansion at 6pm....but you logged in at 3 so it took you 3 hours, we didn't start until 6 and we beat it by 8pm, so it only took us 2 hours, we beat you guys!
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Unless there are stability issues, in which case it could help no one and hurt everyone.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Dev Support > Convenience

Leave the scheduled raid unlocks during the week. That way, by the weekend, any immediate Dev changes can be implemented.
    Petalonyx and Vumad like this.
  7. Sancus Augur

The T2 Sunday launch last year went fine, whereas T3 was a nightmare on both a Tuesday and a Thursday...
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

When you decided who had to sit out a raid based on the number of keys that they had which is not fun at all.
    FubarEQ and Svann2 like this.
  9. Nymera Nightshade New Member

I'd rather see these scheduled on Saturdays. Those that work are already facing enough challenges with time off thanks to Covid 19, and this is especially true for those of us that work at hospitals. Most of my coworkers are in the negative for PTO at this point. I thankfully have time off to use, but that could change with one exposure.
  10. Tevik Augur

This is why I liked when people only need *a* key. You got maybe 3 keys per win for the raid, and could assign them where needed. It had other problems, of course, but I preferred them to the each-person-must-beat-15-raids design.
  11. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Wonder how this will intersect with Selo. We got CoV on March 3rd. Will tier 1 raids be open day one? Will tier 2? When Tier 3 open on March 8th, will they open on Selo too?

I can't imagine Selo will somehow magically change to "live" rules on March 3rd (xp, rares, lockouts), so from the 3rd until it does Faceless will be able to farm raids at double speed and hit gear saturation pretty fast..
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Compromise...

Unlock raids Friday at 1PM DPG time, yeah?
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

ToV the month before should be a good guideline. But I cannot see T3 going live in CoV before the date it launches on other servers.

But then it depends on how much hindsight they have had on making it a live server.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They should leave them as they have been announced, no one really likes changes after they have been announced and the only reall issue is the first one which launches on a Thursday. I can live with Saturday for February and Monday for March.
  15. Kudladar New Member

I strongly disagree with starting on Weekends. By doing so, *if* there are bugs, this will cause a customer service nightmare and the weekend and playtime would potentially be killed due to having to bring down the servers to remove the bugs and do the necessary development work required to fix the bugs.

My vote is to leave as is with a weekday release.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are assuming that they would be doing the bug fix and server patch on the weekend instead of waiting until the next working day to do it. I would think it would be highly unlikely that they would work to fix a bug and patch it over the weekend if something was bugged.
    Yinla likes this.
  17. Deillusional Augur

Any confirmed start time yet on these raids?
    Lifeshriek and Sancus like this.
  18. Jalelorf Augur

What's the word on these going live today?
  19. Angahran Augur

Not everyone works Monday to Friday, 9 to 5, in whatever time zone you live in.
  20. sauron3030 Elder

There is nothing competitive about these easy mode raids.