Mid-Level Shaman Buffs - Soloing vs. Grouping

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Ezra, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Ezra Journeyman

Which buffs should I prioritize (more so in groups, but also while soloing)?

Newly returned to EQ, and I'm a 42 shaman on Aradune. This is my first time playing a shaman, and the variety of buffs they can cast is great, but I don't have mana to cast them all. I've looked online, but most advice is for L60 shamen whose spell bars look nothing like mine. Moreover, they have more spell slots than I do.
  2. Ironkeg New Member

At 42, start with Talisman of Altuna on the main tank. Then Alacrity on the tank and other melee types. I'm then put Guardian on the main tank and put chloropast on anyone taking damage. That's four buffs. You can swap them out as needed.

Hit points and haste (prioritizing tank for hit points and haste on tank and melee), then Guardian for additional AC on tank and chloropast on anyone taking regular damage. If you've got time and mana start buffing up stamina, dex and/or agility. But I would say the priority is on hit points and haste.

I haven't played a 42 shaman in years, so others may have better advice. Good luck and have fun. It only gets better as you level up.
    Ezra likes this.
  3. Ironkeg New Member

When soloing, I'd treat yourself like a tank. Haste, Hit Point Buff and stamina buff. Buff your pet like a tank too. Throw on regen.
    Ezra likes this.
  4. Ezra Journeyman

This is very helpful. Thank you! I've been casting haste, but not Talisman of Altuna. I wasn't sure about the usefulness of Guardian.
    Ironkeg likes this.