Narandi loots "exploited"?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by monzie, Dec 7, 2020.

1. monkly2567 New Member

As a member of RWT - I really hope they don’t change this, whether it is intended or not. We can only get DZ loot/gear - so it would really suck for us to have some of that loot removed from our DZ Loot Train. :(
    HicksAradune likes this.
  2. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

If that were the case you would go to a chest and loot their hoard. Clearly these items are being equipped, turn the mob into a skeleton and you can see what is being EQUIPPED. Cazic thule can have 2 BRAINS? That makes no sense. Not an exploit. Your logic is refuted and dismissed.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Read the whole thread (and then refresh and keep reading, rinse repeat) before you try and make your first post on these forums where you blunder in and act like you know anything.

It's already established there are exploits in the game and you are not allowed to engage in them. Go ahead and use the exploits, nobody cares. But you are wrong as can be.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Triconix Augur

Was about to say this. GM =/= Dev. What a GM does one day as a gift to a raid force he enjoyed watching doesn't equal the design intent of an event. This guy is again grasping at the same straw, using an anecdote and claiming it to be intent. The [lack of] any logical reasoning in this argument is simply extraordinary.

Oh, there very much are. And just because a dev hasn't fixed it yet, it doesn't make it any less of an exploit. They just have priorities. New content has a higher priority than TLP treadmillers exploiting 21 year old content and thinking they are amazing doing so.
    Skuz and MasterMagnus like this.
  5. Triconix Augur

Again, what a mob drops after killing him isn't the same as handing in an item, receiving very specific text explaining what happened with the item, receiving the discarded item from the initial hand in item plus the remainder of the hand in item, then turning around to hand in a seemingly different hand in item and getting the same result.

Your logic is laughable and dismissed. If you want to have a real conversation, please provide your real in game identity instead of hiding behind an anonymous profile name.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

What some random salty former warrior says about the quest has nothing do with the intent.

The GMs did this because that was the INTENT. For reference Devs often act as GMs and you know what GMs create items? Ones that are Devs. The intent was for everyone in the Raid to get a piece of loot.
    Indigo_Quarmite likes this.
  7. Thrawnseg Augur

As a member of TEB - I really hope they don't change this, whether it is intended or not. We can split 10 DZ raids - so it would really suck for us some of the loot removed from our RMT train :(
  8. birdsong_pawn Augur

Just my two cents, but this is such an obvious exploit that I can't believe people are trying to rationalize it.

This makes sense:
    Actual mob drops have never made sense, and they can be humorous if you think about it. How does a snake, bat, spider, fish, or willowisp drop a bronze breastplate or a sword? (And why are they carrying money?) More recently, I've looted Fine Feathers from all sorts of creatures -- maybe they have a plan to tickle us to death.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I could be proven wrong. But until then it's an exploit.

I've seen you around before. If you haven't seen me you haven't payed attention. I'm no 'salty forum warrior'.

I'm the guy who pwns fools, Guild Leaders, Guild Officers, sometime posters, newbs it's all the same.

You're wrong and you can't take it. Poor thing, it'll all be over soon.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Well, this has been a fun read. The "it's an exploit" crowd is calm and logical whereas the "not an exploit" crowd appears angry and defensive using words like baby, crying, etc.
    Skuz, Tweakfour17 and MasterMagnus like this.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

This is the worst "drama" thread to come out of Aradune. Can someone just bump the thread about the Innoruuk server again or get RizLova to post in every single thread so this falls off the front page?
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It's an exploit when a Dev decides it's an exploit not when some salty forum warrior declares it to be an exploit.

GMs created Faceguard of Bentos the hero to honor Bentos the first player to complete the quest
    GMs don't create new items if that GM isn't also a Dev
    Those GMs handed out several of the same item to the first ever ring war raid
    The Devs clear intent was for everyone in the raid to get 1 item each.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Read your Terms Of Service again. You're wrong.

The wording in the TOS is clear.

The single head in question only has one crown.

The TOS tells you, when it doesn't make sense logically, and you are benefitting from it, passing around as many as you click before it poofs, you are exploiting until the dev says you're not.

Not the other way around.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I would hope a dev would just say it is/is not OK with or without a reason since it appears to be a serious situation.

Although, playing devil's advocate, "the one head one crown" argument is sort of flimsy when you have to decide which of your <x> backpacks to put your current/looted head gear in since you only have one head to hold head gear. Do you wear your backpack over or under your cloak?

Also, I have one pelvis but 14 pairs of underwear, 2 feet but 39 socks, etc.
    Indigo_Quarmite and MasterMagnus like this.
  15. Endacer Augur

The mere fact that you posted an uneven number of socks is hilarious. Those damned dryers eat everyones!
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

An interesting point.

But again, they get as many as they can click within a time frame.

It's not a finite, he had three more in his backpack. It's not even 'every member of the raid gets something' as some are trying to claim.

It's 'he had as many as we wanted for a little while'.

Clearly a justification, not intention.
  17. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Yikes. Anyone else getting #CactusGate flashbacks from this thread?
    Skuz and MasterMagnus like this.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You missed the DZ lockouts one?
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

I must’ve. I relinquished my “ForumQuest Champion” title some time ago.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  20. monzie New Member

its sad watching all these "never weres" argue on these forums...have any of you finished top 3 gamewide pre sod...tss...oow? No not on tlps you watcher of my on eqrannkings back in the day...real servers when eq had 150k+ subs