Narandi loots "exploited"?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by monzie, Dec 7, 2020.

1. phaeril Augur

It's always been like this. It used to be easier because you could delete it and recover it later. That's faster than spreading out loot. Back when it was open world people could just turn in over and over before they walked off and zoned. It seems intended.

What happens when they make them no-drop? do they make it so only one thing can be turned in? the text specifically says they return the head... do they make it so you have to trade the head first? all solutions are silly...

It's supposed to be like this, stop paying so much for the free loot, duh.
  2. dentalplan lisa needs braces

If you think abusing a loophole in a quest and getting dozens of duplicate lore quest rewards is okay I'm not going to judge you, but please don't insult everyone's intelligence and try to act like you believe this is somehow the intended result of the event just because it's never been properly reported and fixed.
    Xyroff-cazic. and Skuz like this.
  3. Febb Augur

So an item dupe method. Nah, no exploit here folks, move along.
  4. Triconix Augur

Please provide evidence where it's part of the intended design. I'll love to see this one.

This is not a fact. Again, please provide proof where you think it was designed to be handed in multiple times?
    The hand in "item" which is a head was intended to be given to multiple dwarfs as proof of Narandi's death. In return, they each took something off the head and gave it to you as a reward for your service. If you took one lousy minute to follow the lore script of the event you would know this. Are you honestly going to argue that Narandi was wearing 30 helms at the same time or had 15 eyeballs?!?! Last I checked, Narandi was a giant, not an arachnid.

Or are we to assume that a new helm magically appears on Narandi's decapitated head after we receive it back? No, that's common sense that I didn't think needed to be explained, but apparently it does. How in the heck did we even cut Narandi's head off while was wearing 30 helms and 25 chokers?! The only thing that's trash is your mentality to a clear exploit.

Read above. Or reread my initial reply to you. However, don't just straight up lie and claim nobody explained how it's an exploit because the act of handing the head in and receiving multiple helms goes against the entire event script and why you were handed the helm in the first place.

What? hahahaha are you serious right now? Do you even know how to read or are you just being obtuse?

Here is the lore text of the ring: "The treasured ring of the Coldain king can be presented to Chamberlain Krystorf, Dain Frostreaver IV, Seneschal Aldikar, or the Dain's Servant Girl for a scroll of the Dain's protection if you are in good standing with the Dain."

Please tell me how that lore explains how you can hand in a head multiple times - A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ITEM THAN THE ONE MENTIONED IN THE LORE - and get the crown that was on such head multiple times? Did the helm regenerate itself on a decaying head? You're not even in the same conversation at this point? You're lost in the sauce. Please, try to keep up and figure out which hand in item we're referring to.

Its extremely silly to think the lore text on the ring refers to anything other than a scroll.

Claiming it's not an exploit truly highlights the amount of character and class you have as a person. It's obvious that it's an exploit.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It's entirely possible for the devs to come in and say it's allowed to drop multiples, even though that is not the spirit of the quest, the lore, or the flavor text.

The reason I mention Honor Systems (which are real by the way, look it up), is the Terms Of Service already quoted sets up an honor system. Whereby you are not supposed to engage in even sketchy game mechanics (like one head dropping multiple crowns) without explicit permission from the devs.

Real world, usually the cheaters exploit and get away with it for years. Nobody cares. You stream your exploit on YT or come on here to try and spin how it's ok, you will be called out.

Also you've already been told how this will go down.

Even if the devs come in later and allow it, for whatever reason they give, they will also point out that it is an exploit to drop more than one crown from one head.

You are on the honor system to not exploit. You can exploit all you want, you may or may not be punished.

Why on earth would anybody come on here under a forum alt or otherwise and try to spin that it's not an exploit? Rather than just keep exploiting it and keep your mouth shut?
  6. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

So you didn't interview Brad? You continued your response with a typical baseless report consisting of drivel and rhetoric. Case dismissed.
  7. Thrawnseg Augur

The only people upset are the ones trying to sell the crowns for 5kr still and not being able to sell the 15 they have in parcel/on alts.

People getting loot is a good thing.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The boss has 2 Eyes

See how bad your logic is.
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Only one eye pops out in the flavor text.

You just keep failing.

The ONE head has ONE crown, ONE eye, and ONE choker to give. Any more is exploiting.

Real simple.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The First time the quest was completed the GMs gave EVERYONE in the raid something. The mask is named after Bentos from Triton the first player to finish the quest back in the day. The quest was literally designed so everyone in the raid gets something. If they wanted only one item of each to be handed out they would've made the mobs despawn on turn in, they already had that tech when SoV came out, example Marl.
  11. Triconix Augur

No, the GM decided to award people for being the first ever to complete the quest. That's not the overall design intention. Do you want to grasp at any more straw? You have yet to provide any evidence where the design intention was that everyone gets a reward. A one-off GM congratulatory gift isn't equivalent to design intention, not matter how much you want it to be.
    Skuz and MasterMagnus like this.
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I'm not disputing anything you said about what happened in the past.

Getting more than one crown from one head is an exploit UNTIL you get told by a DEV it is not.

A GM giving something out is not license to take at your will what is not offered to you when you haven't earned it.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

You actually have to prove that it is an exploit. It is working the same today as it was back then and left this way as it is intended to work this way. Your response is baseless and has no factual statements. Can you provide unequivocal proof that it is an exploit outside of your opinion? Because, as everyone knows, your opinion doesn't matter.
  14. Triconix Augur

I've already did, multiple times. If you want to ignore it, that's on you. The event script provides all the proof that you need. An NPC pries the helm off the head of Narandi and hands both back to you. How is handing a now helmless head going to result in another helm? Please answer me that one.

And I'm sure my opinion matters a lot more than some random anonymous account with 15 total posts lmao. Scared to show your actual in game name? As what's said on certain sports subreddits, flair up and show yourself, or don't speak.
    Skuz and MasterMagnus like this.
  15. monzie New Member

dude with the pikachu sig is literally destroying you all logically
    Skuz likes this.
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The first ever ring war i attend on Sol Ro back in the day was for a Troll Warrior named Glug. GMs watched the entire raid and allowed each of us that attended to get one item of our choice. Crown of Narandi was the first ever raid loot my SK got.
    They devs literally designed the quest so everyone gets an item.
    Granted people are now using it so that everyone gets multiple things, but the that's much closer to the intent then what your suggesting.
  17. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Game lore/language is not evidence of anything. You are being destroyed right now. It's best to stop making a fool of yourself. HOW can a mob drop 2 CLOAKS? You can only wear one. Clearly an exploit when a mob drops duplicate loots by your logic.

Vulak drops Abashi's AND a Sword? IMPOSSIBLE he can't wield a 2hander and a 1hander weapons. Exploit by your logic. Take a nap bud.
  18. Triconix Augur

Completely different, but continue on with that logical fallacy. The dragons weren't wearing anything. They hoard items. That's literally common mythology of dragons. Ever read The Hobbit? Dragons loved gold and hoarded it.

Please continue. I'm quite enjoying my time pointing out your clear contradictions.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

What a GM decides to do, after the fact of the raid existing and being beaten does not equal the DEVS design intent before the raid existed.

And not to put too fine of a point on it, but who is the higher pay grade, GM or DEV? And where does the final say lie?
    Triconix likes this.
  20. Sinsa New Member

If this is cheating, exploiting, whatever, then someone please explain Sky. There are a few Bosses that you can "exploit".