Warrior agro weapons Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Velerin, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Velerin Journeyman

I’ve got a warrior alt so no raid gear, epics, just droppable and rots. What are some better droppable agro weapons available? I picked up a frostbringer recently expecting it to be an agro magnet but even after a couple procs I’m still losing agro frequently. I also have a king tormax 2hander I picked up as a rot and even with no procs I feel it’s holding agro as good or better than frostbringer + ensnaring whip both with wulfenite shards.
    Any advice appreciated!
  2. Torrok Journeyman

I think people are picking up Venomous axe of the Brood as a budget solution to agro control.
  3. Velerin Journeyman

Thanks! Also just wondering.. I know resists still give agro but does the AC debuff on Frostbringer also give agro w/o hitting? Most my tests in Velks OC where they resist frostbite every time.
    Does flame lick for rangers still have crazy agro if it’s resisted?
  4. The Phoz New Member

Anklesmasher or Sarnak Warhammer from Chardok, silken whip of ensnaring from seb...anything with Ykesha proc. Then just make sure you put the stun augments on it. It won't be quite the same as an epic or BOC but as long as DPS isn't dumb you should be ok.
  5. Boze TLP complaint factory

You want procs with stuns / slows / snares. If I were you I'd probably buy a Wavecrasher and an Ankle smasher. Ivyshae Blade would be a nice one to quest.
  6. Triconix Augur

anklesmasher, sarnak warhammer, wavecrasher, etc. I would look at getting a willsapper if you want to take some time and farm a no drop item.
  7. uk6999 Augur

Replace silken whip with something that has a stun and/or dd or slow component to it. Wavecrasher or warhammer mentioned above is probably the best route. Keep the Frostbringer unless you just have money flowing out of your pockets. You will never find a willsapper sadly. Even a ssoy which is still not horrible for non-raid gear.
  8. Velerin Journeyman

Thanks all. Those are the standard advice I’ve been going on. Just wondering why my frostbringer/snare whip doesn’t seem so hot and I wasn’t seeing any noticeable difference with straight dps using Tormax axe and no procs. Anyways I know warrior agro always rough especially after playing ez mode SK agro for a while. Just seeing if anyone seen similar results or maybe frostbringer not really that great.
  9. uk6999 Augur

Warriors suffer greatly in the agro department until they get top tier weapons in era. Epics work in a pinch but things really turn the corner with BoC and Bloodfrenzy. In some expacs later on you can get anger augs. If you arent a raid geared warrior then it is a group effort to manage agro not just the sole responsibility of the warrior. My recommendation is to join a guild that raids even a casual one. Warrior is the most gear dependent class out there and it needs a guild to gear it.
  10. SOLARAXUS New Member

Blade of Insanity
  11. Karanthal Augur

For aggro SSoYs are still pretty decent in velious. I didn't start raiding on Mangler until the very end of kunark. First couple of Vulak and AoW kills I was tanking with SSoYs, damage is pretty terrible, but they hold aggro fine. Replaced them with epic/ BoC during velious.

Rune procs are nice as well, although i can only think of the whip from NToV in velious. The warrior epic isn't that tought for a non-raid char, the 2 scales will be up for sale pretty cheap. the chardok and sky drops are 1 groupable. Maestro hand and golem drops will be rotting in most guilds if still killed
  12. Malkavius Augur

Honestly on TLPs I just get a wep with good ratio over procs and never have trouble holding aggro in most groups. Provoke, wufenite augs, and taunt buff make holding aggro fairly easy regardless of what you use unless dps goes ham. Was using a wurmslayer with swiftblade of zek in offhand the other day and held aggro easier than wavecrasher/anklesmasher combo war.

Was a slow night so group took 2 wars heh.
  13. Tyranthraxus Grognard

You answered your own question in the original post. Aggro generation has multiple components, damage or rather damage potential is one of them. I honestly prefer a high dps 2 hander setup for tanking unless I have to turtle. You do more damage, making you more useful to groups, and aggro is consistent, rather than pray for proc. Hint, the best aggro weapon in Luclin, isn't bloodfrenzy. I regularly ripped aggro off a similarly geared bloodfrenzy/boc combod warrior with a BBB. Which I tanked with through most of PoP raiding without issues. Never underestimate rune.
  14. Xhartor Augur

Have they fixed rune aggro? They broke it a couple patches not sure if it's been fixed yet.

In Luclin the best aggro combo is BloodFrenzy and BBotE, the increased proc rate on both weapons makes a serious difference. However you also need an orb of the sky from VT or preferable crimson sigil gloves off AHR for the additional stun proc buff.

Warrior aggro is subpar until you get into Time's aggro set up. Learn good habits like waiting for slow to land or for someone to pull off you before hitting taunt and using provoke if taunt lands.
  15. Baldur Augur

I've been told that rune aggro was fixed with last month's patch even though it wasn't in the patch notes.

Haven't tested it out yet for myself though.
  16. FranktheBank Augur

First, your BBB is BARELY more swing threat that bf/bbote or bf/boc. Here are the threat per second (TPS) rough numbers;

BBB Melee TPS - 47
    BBB Proc TPS - 27
    Total - 74

Main hand
    BF Melee TPS - 35
    BF Proc TPS - 36
    Total - 71

Offhand
    BoC Melee TPS - 9
    BoC Proc TPS - 12
    Total - 21

So swing threat is 47 vs 44. If we add in procs, the BBB gets slaughtered, almost by BF alone. BF is also fairly consistent as it has a bonus to proc rate.

The better argument is that BBB is aoe threat, which is great for grouping and why I personally used BBB over any other 2h in era.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

In groups just let the charm pet tank until gates.
  18. Tyranthraxus Grognard

I'm not arguing numbers, I'm just stating my experience. I regularly tanked with it, with no issue. I still 2 hand tank in Omens and DoN on Mangler, whenever possible. There comes a point where you are doing enough threat to hold aggro and you become more beneficial by adding to the kill speed than just aggro stacking. I use a fleshbiter and shield if 2 handed isn't an option. Haven't gone to a BBoB yet for shield tanking.

More interested to know what they did to rune proc? As Vish sticks next on my list. If they f'd that up i'll be enraged.
  19. FranktheBank Augur

Vish stick is best for quite a bit

Rune aggro is fixed afaik.
  20. Machen New Member

No one has said it, but I will.

Pick up an aon and learn to use it. It will help your aggro a lot more than anything else you can do as a non raider, even if you don't use any 3rd party software.

The tormax 2her is pretty good dps, which is pretty good aggro.

I wouldn't worry too much about everything people posted in this thread. Assuming you are mostly grouping with other people who don't raid a ton, like you, axe of the kromzek kings and aon will do just fine. There is very little droppable that will be an upgrade. BoC sure, but good luck getting one in era. Your Axe of the Kromzek King will blow away most of the droppable suggestions in this thread. A lot of which aren't even in era for you yet.