Narandi loots "exploited"?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by monzie, Dec 7, 2020.

1. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Its an exploit, you can justify it however you want, doesn't change anything. I'm not passing moral judgement, I don't care, but continuing to protest it isn't is dumb. Its just a matter if any dev cares enough to ever do anything about it.

The NPCs don't stand around forever. The post above makes clear you have to do it quick. It has been 15 years or more since I did the war, but I'm pretty sure the only reason this exploit works is that the NPC sticks around for a few second to give you some flavor text before poofing, doesn't it?
    Skuz and MasterMagnus like this.
  2. Kole New Member

i don't think manipulating dz lockouts and dropping items on the ground are the same ballpark, but hey,
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Stealing a candy bar and murdering somebody are not in the same ballpark, yet they are both against the law. Because someone put rules in place.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Justanothername New Member

All I gotta say is that is everquest baby
  5. Kole New Member

both are against the law because "Stealing" and "Murder" are against a specific law, larceny, murder, etc, and there are degrees of both. They are not against THE LAW of thought shall not exploit.

What is and isnt an exploit is vaguely defined by "unnatural" and "unintended" benefits apparently in the EULA.

This is a 20 year old game, things have not changed, if it wasnt cause for bans 2 servers ago (and its clear this has been done for literally years) why has it not been bug reported in the past and fixed, or was it bug reported and ignored?: we just dont know.
  6. monzie New Member

kole youre bad at trying to justify and defend/argue...weakling, you can always tell TSS created players vs pre tss created players pre fippy
  7. Kole New Member

please stop personally attacking me sir. Also i dont know what that means.

8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Sigh... this is how it went last time too.

People tried to tell me I couldn't know then too.

What happened is the devs eventually said yes it's an exploit, but we don't have time to fix it, so you're on the honor system to not do it. And they eventually fixed it.

It's an exploit, and all the sputtering trying to say it isn't, because maybe this or maybe that, things that fly in the face of logic, can't change that.

Speaking of honor system. Some fisherman use the honor system with a little shack where they deliver their fresh catch and there is nobody to collect the money. You take your fish and pay your money...or not.

Trying to explain how you didn't know you were supposed to pay is just pathetic. You're not going to be hauled off to jail. But people are gonna see you trying to justify your actions with lame excuses.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Justanothername New Member

The better question is who really cares? Stop being pathetic and play the 20 year old game.
  10. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Did you interview Brad before he passed on what his intent was on this ring war? Asking for a friend. Otherwise, you can't say for sure.
  11. Triconix Augur

It's like textbook exploit. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know what an exploit is. It seems like common sense, but I guess common sense is a rare trait.
    Skuz and Genoane like this.
  12. Ishbu Augur

Anyone who thinks this is an exploit in the realm of everquest obviously is one of those childish people who cry like babies whenever they dont get what they want because its definitely not an exploit, hack, or otherwise.

If it was, simply doing your DZ for anything is an exploit because its only supposed to be available for the raid that does the most dps when it spawns in open world. Thats how the game was designed.

Its almost like things are in the game now and left as is for a reason, because its neither an exploit, nor bad for the people who actually play instead of cry on the boards
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Sad you all, really pathetic indeed.

I don't play everquest any longer, I only play Forum Quest. I couldn't care less about whatever it is you get from this, or any server's economy.

I call out people for trying to justify exploits for a light afternoon snack.

L2FQ
  14. Triconix Augur

And why is that? It's obviously unintended benefits. It breaks the entire "lore" of the reason why head is even handed back to you. It's getting passed around to all the dwarfs as proof Narandi is dead and they are each prying or removing pieces off the head and returning it to you. Are we supposed to assume Narandi was wearing 30 helms at the same time, had 8 eyeballs, and 12 chokers? It's common sense it's an unintended benefit to be given multiple items of the same thing.

Having npcs assist in killing for exp in ToV's version of Kael was considered an exploit after it was implemented and available in the game for quite some time. People argued then it wasn't an exploit because "it was available to do." How did that work out?

(Just in case you didn't know, I have no need or want of Narandi's loot. It's nothing special).

Lmao wow, what a ride on that logic roller coaster. How is an instance version, created by game designers, considered an exploit? I can't even begin to wrap my head around this justification. I'm sure I'll be quite entertained so please do carry on. Let me get my popcorn ready.

It's almost like devs have priorities. Maybe they feel creating new content is of a higher priority than fixing a multi-year old unintended result of a quest? That doesn't mean it's not an exploit. There are plenty of exploits that were in the game for quite a bit of time. Even if devs do decide to state it's an exploit, is it really going to stop some of the clowns from doing it? Probably not.
    Skuz, Duder and MasterMagnus like this.
  15. a_librarian Augur

From the number of weird aggressive or dismissive posts in here it's safe to say this is being exploited real hard and some people are making money from doing so. I say go wild, if there's one constant on these TLP servers it's that the big cheaters don't face consequences so don't go small.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Impressive how these 14-15 post members know so much about the game isn't it?
  17. Cicelee Augur

Player A can say something is an exploit.

Player B can say it is not an exploit.

Doesn't matter either way. It is up to Dev C. And if Dev C finds out and decides to punish anyone who does it, then Dev C shall do so.

Not saying don't do it. But many players are informing you they believe it is an exploit. Veteran players at that. So if you do not think it is and want to ignore the advice of FQ, go for it. Just don't be surprised if your account is banned. Maybe it will be, maybe not.

Who knows? Only Dev C knows.
    Skuz and MasterMagnus like this.
  18. xxar Augur

I just think it needs to be fixed with about 100 other things *cough* remove M little q.

I do not think it was intentional to be designed that way and to the use the justification that it has been that way for years is rather a pathetic reason to not say it's a exploit but since it has been that way for years..

Simply fix it and move on.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Some of you people seem to have no comprehension that, *gasp*, the discussion of exploits has happened before in 21 years of everquest forums and 18 years of official forums since they came back.

We have specific developer answers on this, about what an exploit is. Repeating internet lawyering garbage doesn't change that.

But I'll help ya out, gonna put in a bug report on it specifically and then you can find out.
    Skuz and Duder like this.
  20. sumnayin Augur

I got a good laugh reading all of the posts by people trying to justify their actions lol. If any of you seriously believe any of the manure you're shoveling then you need to start seeing a professional.
    Skuz likes this.