Narandi loots "exploited"?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by monzie, Dec 7, 2020.

1. monzie New Member

On aradune

Apparently the ring war was "exploited" and there is now a crap ton of the dropped items on characters and the prices have been just a pinch below normal as to appear as a deal and quick sell to the public

someone last night and this morning was mentioning it in ooc and the auction channel

true false before i buy anything, id rather wait and buy at the "exploiters" firesale prices cause the word got out theres a bunch on their characters
  2. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

No exploit. Quest is working as it always has. The cost is associated with the quality of the goods not the rarity.
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

No bug or exploit, just a product of AoCs existing.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yes you can cheese the ring war items and as a result there's a ton more than there should be. Prices will plummet as more people become aware of it. Crowns of Narandi were a dime a dozen on Mangler when it went through.
  5. uk6999 Augur

For sure it is exploited. Something about keeping trade window open iirc. I would give more details but I only heard about it once on Mangler when they were doing it there. I am sure there are others than know how it works.
  6. Ishbu Augur

The 10th ring war takes several people to do. As a result there are secondary rewards to the ring for the 1 person that the people helping can acquire, actually 4 different ones to choose from.

If your person doing the ring war isnt a complete d ick, then everyone participating should get something. If those people choose to sell it, thats their choice.

Even thinking for a second its an exploit shows both a complete lack of knowledge about what you are whining about and the inability to use google as its functioned this way for a while
  7. Kole New Member

As bobby said above, its not an exploit. It has been working this way for years.

Item duplication is an exploit. This is not item duplication.

It is a function of the mob not de-spawning after a turn in. The items are lore, they are not no drop. Its not too hard to extrapolate how it works.

Someone just got beat to the party and is mad so they're spreading fake news to drive prices down (although as bobby said they will be low regardless due to sheer volume).

Wait a few weeks and get them even cheaper and rest assured they are not fruits of the poisonous tree.
  8. Dooby dooby doo Elder

I don't know how to respond to anyone who thinks it isn't an exploit.

It involves hastily turning an item in and dropping the lore item on the ground and returning in the item to keep getting rewards that you obviously were only supposed to get 1 of.

Just because it isn't a hard thing to accomplish and doesn't involve any trickery... does not mean it's not an exploit.

If your guild gets 10+ copies of 1 of the quest rewards... it's definitely exploiting.

I'm not sure what definition exploit these other people are using. People are taking advantage of a flaw in the ring war. Remind me again how it isn't an exploit.

I certainly don't care. I am only replying because people somehow think it isn't an exploit. Lol. Bobby getting 3 levels off 2 mobs in lower guk... now that was not an exploit... but this clearly is.
    Skuz, Boze and Bobbybick like this.
  9. Ishbu Augur

Where did the developers and coders state this was the intention? I cant find it, and an in depth search is only turning up results such as yourself imposing your perception of what you want things to be.

If it was intended to be turned in multiple times, then why is there is a limited timer to do the turns in before the mobs despawn instead of despawning after turn in? Why do you get the head returned to you at all? Why is the head temporary to prevent keeping it for future turn in's after your limited time window expired?

If you cant provide developer quotes to answer these questions, you are just saying what you want it to be, not what the reality is. It would be an exploit if you cheated the system to get unlimited time to do the turn ins, but given the actual context of all the variables, your argument doesnt hold up at all.
  10. Ishbu Augur

11. Kole New Member

yes, it.....does ...... mean it's not an exploit.

An exploit would be item duping. this is not item duping.

Just because its not something YOU would do, doesn't mean its an exploit. It's not a new "issue". The ringwar has been like this for literally years. Years.

you are turning an item in, dropping it, and turning it in again.

They could have made the mob despawn right? But it doesn't. Simple solution, despawn it after one turn in right.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No. An "exploit" is anything that is done contrary to the INTENT of the content. You are not intended to get dozens of the same items from this event and never have been intended to do so.

This is a textbook exploit, and you obviously do not understand what an exploit is.

Just be glad you guys don't play in earlier eras of this game when they came down hard on exploiting.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

"You will not exploit any bug in EverQuest and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game), either directly or through public posting, to any other user of EverQuest. You will promptly report any such bug via the in-game "/bug" command."

So like, duh.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Kole New Member

you pulled that definition from where?
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The TOS you agreed to before you clicked into this game.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Kole New Member

if it was unintended why doesnt he depop. is what i dont understand
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Just to be clear, there is a reason there is a different word. An "exploit" is exploiting game mechanics in an unintended fashion to get a reward out of balance with the intent of the content (extra loot, extra experience, bypass mechanics making things easier).

A "hack" is an actual hacking into the game code to do the same thing, which almost no one has ever done.

Exploiting has always been against the rules.

Ask Pandemonium how exploiting the Z-axis 20 years ago worked for them.

The hundreds of people rolled back or suspended for using the bug in quest experience caused by the change from moving AA from a set exp amount to a percentage function to prevent people from gaining hundreds of aa in a kill as levels increased.

Or any of the numerous bugs and unintended effects of using valid game mechanics and commands to do something in a way that wasn't intended.

Like manipulating DZ lockouts for dropping a raid and killing the content to get loot and no lockout (thousands of people suspended just a couple years ago in cactus-gate, or my old guild Triality with beast lockouts).
    Skuz and MasterMagnus like this.
  18. Kole New Member

just to be clear though, this is still your opinion on what an exploit is. and what an "unnatural" or "unintended" benefit is.

Its just a bunch of peoples opinions on what is and isnt an exploit with a situation that has been known to be this way for years.

On paper, there is nothing thats an "Exploit" right, you turn an item in, you drop it, you turn the item in again.

You're not creating a second item out of the same item, it has separate item IDs.

How do you knw the intent wasn't this? how was this not just a hidden benefit of the ringwar to get more people to help with the ringwar, and no one found it out until later.

Theres no proof this is either unnatural (because it has no manipulation of any in game mechanics whatsoever) or unintended (because none of us can prove this wasnt always the way it is)
  19. TLP Addict Augur

Doesn't really matter what you call it, the market will definitely be flooded with these items as more people work out how to get multiple of each reward per ring war.

On Mangler we had one guy drop more than 20 Choker of the Wretched on the ground, almost everybody that attended the raid got one.
  20. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

ding ding ding we have a winner.

I seem to remember something about Lockouts and knowing the intent long before the devs stated it.

I seem to remember it was as easy as knowing what the word Lockout means.

And in this case I'm thinking: Although sometimes things outside the realm of the real world happen in Everquest. You can easily assume that most things are modeled after the real world.

In the real world, can you trade something, drop the item you receive on the ground, and then make the trade again out of thin air?

Exploits are self evident.
    Skuz likes this.