Selo Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Pikollo Augur

Yep this has happened to me while 2 boxing 2 mages. Spamming the /pet attack key.
  2. Gorgasm Journeyman

It's keypresses that fire actions, actions can be macros or abilities or whatever. The more actions a single keypress fires the more likely you are to be Trueboxed. It was distinctly obvious when I went from spamming "2" which was a macro with 5 /disc abilities in it, to spamming "2" which was a multibind that fired 5 disc abilities. The first one wouldn't Truebox me ever as long as I kept them on different keys, the second was twitchy and was Trueboxing every 3-4 mobs. Same abilities, same keys, just changing a social for a multibind.
  3. Machen New Member

So one of the weird things about this is that not everyone's experience is the same. For most people, spamming "2" will get you instantly d/c'd whether you have a single action or five actions tied to your 2 key. For some few people, hitting "2" on one character and "9" on another will result in an instant d/c. Sounds like you may be a third category. I can personally report that spamming 2 on two toons, with a single action tied to each key, has d/c'd me almost immediately so reliably that I use it any time I am about to wipe to save myself.
    Accipiter likes this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Good summary.

I'm no expert, but it would seem that using a VPN would eliminate those issues in all of the cases you list above. It's stupid when we have to resort to this sort of thing in order to work around Truebox bugs but that's where we find ourselves. It's been 4+ years so I don't see them fixing it now.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Except a truebox disconnect is annoying, a vpn detection is a ban..so..maybe they could just remove it after a certain point? =P
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

Really? I've never heard that. Are you sure you aren't confusing VPN with VM?
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

hmmm yeah I think you're right. My bad!
    Accipiter likes this.
  8. Duality Augur

If removing the selo truebox code is what is messing up connectivity, just pull it for now until it gets ironed out.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

VPN "can" get you a suspension, it's a always yes or always no thing.

Using a VPN intermittently will cause your IP address used for your account to be bouncing around between different IP's & that will definitely land you in hot water.
  10. Machen New Member

It just instantly disconnects you from the game. We use several different mobile hotspots to play eq as we're out in the country and don't have great internet. We bounce from phone to phone a fair amount for various reasons. Every time we switch phones, it's a new IP and the game just disconnects everyone instantly and forces us to log back in. Switching a VPN on will do the same.
  11. Duality Augur

Are there any answers from those meetings yet, or will we have to wait to see if we get scrapped for next TLP hardware? RoS seemed to have balanced out our XP gains to that of live servers, and the 4-5 aa per yellow kill dropped in half while the health of mobs jumped significantly. I've been good with the rate we've had since the 80s, but now the 7k aa of RoS AA will likely take longer than 12k in EoK did. -Not that that's a bad thing, but the point is, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of reason to not set selo to a live server at this point (silver access, not skip last 3 xpac) and lay a foundation for what will happen to future TLPs when they finally hit the end. I've also heard we won't get access to TBL till march unless we buy it. Dropping true box might provide some relief and hold some people over that won't buy them.

Really think we're just due for some clarification.
  12. Duality Augur

13. HoodenShuklak Augur

This thread officially has more pages than Selo does players.
  14. Pikollo Augur

I got disconnected today cuz I was playing 2 mages with identical hotkeys lol. Truebox code > mages
  15. FranktheBank Augur

Remove Truebox pls :)
    Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  16. FranktheBank Augur

Hello. I am Nigerian prince from Selo. Plese remov truth boks an I will sen $40 milion from my father, he is KING and very much mony. Thaks.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

You know what Toby DBG, when the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?
    FranktheBank likes this.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

Plese Evrquest. Plese help. Nigeria only legal one computr per people. I want play meny hero. Thak yu.
    Discord likes this.
  19. yodo Augur

Don't worry guys, January is just 2 days away. All our problems will be solved soon.
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

New year, New selo.