Beastlord TOV Diamondized Ore Weapon Choice

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Sage Knight, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Sage Knight New Member

Looking for recommendations on whether to get a 1h or 2h for the first raid ore choice for a beastlord. Thanks in advance!
  2. Waldagar Augur

I would go with the 1hb for the first brick and see if you can pick up the Weather 2HB from the wedding raid in ToFS.
    -Z-
  3. Zunar Augur

I made a velium enhanced battle staff. I prefer to use it most of the time to be honest.
    menown likes this.
  4. Cadira Augur

From parsing on a raid ac level dummy in my house, the one handers appear to parse slightly better than the 2hd, even when spamming nukes. However, when burning (having spirit frenzy, bloodlust, and vindication on you in particular) the 2hd appears to outdo the one handers during that two minutes out of every 12.

This in a lag free environment though, on raids I have come to the conclusion that the 2h "might" be better all the time as I've noticed under extremely strenuous situations (like full burns on raids) melee lag seems to affect pcs as well as pets and faster weapons might miss more hits than slower weaps.

Tldr; biggest bang for your buck is probably to buy 2h first, than fill out with both of the one handers (blunt in primary for proc) and swap to them after your spirit frenzy fades. In group content I'd def swap to one handers when not burning but on raids I'm not sure what the correct answer is.
    Mazame and Iribabh like this.
  5. Iribabh Augur

Cadira is right. Definitely get the 2hb first.

There's a breakpoint where 2hb pulls ahead vs dual wielding BIS 1h's and the best I've been able to find is when both shaman epic click and bard epic click are active. If it's only 1 or the other, dual wield is still ahead (slightly). Any time I'm not personally burning, and those two are not active, I'm on my dual wield set. In raid it's totally okay to also just be lazy and stay on 2hb the whole time. You won't gain a ton of dps by flip flopping it's more of a min/max thing.
    Mazame and Duder like this.