LDoN old game

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Clackclack, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Clackclack New Member

Hey all-

The Lower Dungeons of Norrath is pretty simple but at the same time is a fun part of EQ to do if you only have about a half hour to an hour. Problem is; after about level 50 - 55, the dungeons go green and grey.

If you're up to it; would everyone file a Feedback and ask that DB upgrade the dungeon for a couple things. Upgrade the level cap to at least level 100. It adjusts to the level of the characters entering so won't be a problem for those at lower levels. Upgrade the special dropped items to at least include Defiant gear. So far nothing drops anymore that is worth hanging onto. Everything has become merchant loot.

It won't take long for people to file a Feedback.

Thanks.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

There are "updated" versions in that they implemented heroic adventures that scale to the highest level participant; the catch, of course, is that you have to play in later expansions.

Call of the Forsaken, The Broken Mirror, The Darkened Sea, Empires of Kunark and possibly another one that I'm blanking on at the moment have content from level 75 and up, based on the levels of the characters playing the missions (most of which are 30 minutes or less, as you indicate that as important to you). The rewards in the missions meet your upgraded request, and there are vendors in those areas that sell gear for other level ranges to be purchased with currency you earn from completing the missions.
    Herodotus likes this.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Well, you are at least right that sending the feedback wouldn't take long. However, implementing the changes you're requesting would. LDoN's do not "scale" using automatic formulaic scaling the way later scaling dungeons like HA's do. They use a much more archaic method for simulating a level scaled experience - the developers actually individually created zone/mob templates for every single different level version of each dungeon. Each version is basically implementing a whole new zone population rather than just scaling the mobs up or down.

The change you're requesting would require a huge amount of effort for little to no reason. There's plenty of scaling content that already exists for higher levels.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Quote Absor:

Unfortunately, the way LDoN adventures were made makes increasing their levels a nightmare. It would require remaking the thing for every five levels we want to update it. It would also require some arcane knowledge that would have to be rediscovered. That's why we created the "Errand" system used by what are called Heroic Adventures. A much more functional system that accomplishes pretty much the same gameplay.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/uncap-ldons.218160/

Edit btw its Lost Dungeons of Norrath
  5. Iven the Lunatic

Only if your group does contain low level characters as the average group level does appoint the mob level in LDoN adventures. Until an average group level of 70 the mobs there should not con green or grey to the lower group player characters.
  6. Wolfwoodd New Member

Lost Dungeon's of Norrath released when 65 was the max level. Hard LDoN's are good experience even at level 70. I think, last time I checked, mobs were still light blue at level 80.

Also, some people may not remember this, but the loot is still excellent for farming Tribute points. The loot has some of the highest point values in the game.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Tribute and tradeskills and forages, plus its an instanced zone so I always take my lower guys there to level up since I can be alone and it is really good experience for the right level