Armor Drops need Updating on Some Sites

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eknhomaht, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Eknhomaht Journeyman

HI!

So in returning to this game I noticed a lot of what was previously considered high level armor is now dropping off low level mobs.

Example: Defiant Chain and Plate is dropping off Gnolls and Corrupt Guards in the Queynos area, possibly other areas too.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/826348588

I've gotten three pieces so far.

But sites like Alla's still have this equipment as only coming off higher level areas, such as Mistmoore.

Any chance I can get some assistance in getting people to message sites to let them know?
  2. Captain Video Augur

Zam only reports generic drop data that individual players have reported, which is rare these days. It has never tried to maintain (unfortunately) a global drop table, meaning those items which can literally drop from any mob in the game. Defiant gear is all global drop; you can get Defiant pieces off the level 1 rats in the tutorial zone. Level of such gear you get scales to the level of the mob, so for example, in the tutorial and in the N Qeynos newbie yard, it will all be Crude Defiant, the lowest level. Still pretty good stuff for a level 10 toon. Some Guards can drop higher level Defiant gear since they are, well, higher level.

Zam is an excellent reference for unique drops from anything named.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Eknhomaht like this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Eknhomaht likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Sites like Allakhazam rely on players actually taking the time & making the effort to provide them with information, they are "community driven" information repositories, the site admins may often be players but they don't have a team going out into the game on a constant basis checking what drops where.

So if you are seeing big gaps in the available information you yourself can be a part of the solution by submitting posts or information those sites can use to stay up to date, in fact they rely on the principle of players helping players.

Some have "item collector" software, like Allakhazam or the Magelo update client which if you leave them running in the background detects what you find & where on the fly & passes that collected data back to the site's servers.
    The older sites, most of which have stopped being updated years ago were largely being updated by players who since stopped playing & were manually updated by the site owner or volunteers.

EverQuest did at one time have a service that did a lot of this called EQPlayers that was eventually dropped due to a whole raft of reasons & problems, main one being they couldn't justify the cost of maintaining it & fixing problems it had, they did have a programmer who got some 80% if the way through writing a very solid APi to fix all that but he left beofre it was completed & rather than finish the project it was scrapped - a great pity as it would have pulled data direct from the game's databases and would have been the MOST comprehensive item tool available & sites like Allakhazam & Magelo or any others would have been able to pull item & spell data direct from that API that would have been accurate & kept up to date were they changed.
    OldCa61, Eknhomaht and Fanra like this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Defiant is not just "Defiant"

Defiant comes in a couple levels:

Crude Defiant Gear (Recommended level of 10. No required level.)
    Simple Defiant Gear (Required level of 5. Recommended level of 20.)
    Rough Defiant Gear (Required level of 15. Recommended level of 30.)
    Ornate Defiant Gear (Required level of 26. Recommended level of 40.)
    Flawed Defiant Gear (Required level of 37. Recommended level of 50.)
    Intricate Defiant Gear (Required level of 48. Recommended level of 60.)
    Elaborate Defiant Gear (Required level of 59. Recommended level of 70.)
    Elegant Defiant Gear (Required level of 70. Recommended level of 80.)

I see "Crude defiant plate vambraces" listed on the looting in your chat window.

And I also see the "recommended" level but there doesn't appear to be a "required" level which means it can drop outside of its zone levels. IE Elaborate Defiant is going to drop in zones that are (required) 59- (recommended) 70.

Those are also listed on Allah as dropping in many low areas, including the one you were in.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=75162

I do not see Mistmore listed at all as a location for Crude versions.

There is an HA in TBM where level 107 totems will drop low level defiant. I don't bother with reporting this. Keep in mind that most players are not going to stay long in those lower levels.

Loot it, enjoy it and keep on truckin! No need to change anything. Not many folks go looking for where Crude drops but here is another source with a couple oddities in them.
    https://eq.magelo.com/item/50006

Or make an Allah account and leave a comment on that armor on that page. Just make sure your using "Crude" or whatever drop you got since all defiant is not created equal.
    Eknhomaht and Fanra like this.
  6. Eknhomaht Journeyman

7. Captain Video Augur

Another thing to remember about Defiant gear is that stats on each piece will scale per character level, from its "required" level to its "recommended" level. If you inspect a non-equipped Defiant piece in your inventory, you'll see its max stats, what you would actually get if you equip it at its "recommended" level. If you equip it while your toon is below the recommended level, then its stats will be somewhat less. In general, the stats you get on a Defiant piece at its "required" level will be marginally better than the stats of the same slot in the next-lower tier at its "recommended" level.

My experience has always been that the tier of Defiant gear you see dropped depends on the level of the mob and not the level of the zone, although of course the level of the zone typically dictates what level range of mobs you'll see. Mob levels tend to be spread out a lot more in the older zones.
  8. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Defiant drops off a NPC level range for each set. If you look at the required and recommended levels, that is usually the level range of NPC that it drops it, across all expansions on live servers. TLP's of course have restrictions on when certain sets of Defiant drop.

You can comment on the drops on our site and we'll get npc's added.

Like others have said, we're all a group of volunteers that run the site. Fanbyte only maintains the backend, accounts and other areas but they have no employees that have maintained content since Railus left a few years ago. They just started paying me as a contractor to input new expansions (CoV) so you'll see me doing a bunch of code, content work around beta and after an expansion launches to get things polished.