Ornaments: How You Win EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allaris, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Adding an aug slot to items is no where near the same thing as creating the actual ornaments to go into them. There's no way to "Auto generate" the ornaments, they have to be manually created as it would be a new item. Then to be able to take an existing item and create an ornament requires a "Recipe" all of these things aren't magically done by the game, they're programmed by the devs. New devs would be awesome but after rereading Ngreth's quote, it's not only the work involved to make all of these items/recipes but an issue of limited memory in game. EQ is 21+ years old the code is ancient, this just isn't going to happen no matter how many Dev's you throw at it.
    Allaris likes this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You got better at forum searching! (51)
    Allaris likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

nope same idea... container that changes items.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

My only question from this thread is how does the OP have a posting status under their name as "yo mama"? Is this some dev trolling us?
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

It would be nice if there was an "auto generate" where you hand an item to an NPC, the game takes the image file number (the look) of the item and also takes the slot number (primary, secondary, etc.) and just creates an aug with that image that fits in the slot.

I guess you might also want to take the class and race as well, otherwise a wizard could hand in a giant sword they can't actually use and turn their weapon look into that.

There would be no container or anything. Just you give them the item and they hand you back the aug.

But I guess there are just too many limitations in code to do that.
    Tegila and Bigstomp like this.
  6. KrakenReality Augur

Nah, he’s just a Ranger that gets drunk and talks to sh*t to people in guild chat during raids. Super annoying, and he’s been the reason a several people have left a guild.
    Allaris likes this.
  7. Allaris New Member

lol. everyone knows im a stoner not a drunk
  8. Allaris New Member

you can edit all that in your profile :)
  9. KrakenReality Augur

I wouldn’t know, I put you on ignore after you chased off one of our bers. If, that’s you stoned you need to try something that will make you more fun.
  10. Allaris New Member

hit me up in game or in discord if you'd like to chat about it further, otherwise lets talk about ornaments! or, not talk about them since my idea has been shot down before in a previous thread. :/
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Ornaments suck. I might one day use them. Until then they take up insane amounts of bag space.

But I doubt they will return my ornaments to me if I get rid of them.

So I'm stuck holding onto them just in case.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why? There are no class/race on weapon ornaments. Only restrictions are 1 hand, 2 hand, bow or shield.

My wizzy look is currently a scimitar.