Dragon Hoard underwhelming?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sissruukk, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Sobmre Augur

it's very tiring to watch time after time, players come up with great ideas and solutions only to be ignored.

We as a community had said many times....make this and we will hand you cash.....if you cant make that do this and we will give you cash..... no one is listening

the 100 slots proves one thing for sure, a disconnect from dev's and players. any player would have shot down this idea unless it was alot more slots and expandable by many more slots.
  2. Derd Augur

Wonder how many of those hating on this will have a full dragon hoard after expansion launch..
    minimind likes this.
  3. Windance Augur

I already have a work flow in place with plenty of F2P mules to handle the overflowing inventory so I will not likely be one of the people to make use of it.

I can see someone who is more casual in their min/maxing who needs some extra bank space making use of this.
    Ceiteag and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. minimind The Village Idiot

Underwhelming? If you mean "Good, but not as good as I could imagine," then I agree. But I don't (personally) need to be overwhelmed with amazement in all things, so I'm happy with "good". Hell, I'm happy with "better".
  5. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I look forward to the day when I have all tradeskills fully maxed and don't have to hold on to a million tradeskill tagged items "just in case".

Was hoping the Dragon's Hoard might alleviate that, but doesn't sound like it's going to do much of anything.
    Ceiteag and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Kelset Elder

Workflow, automated?
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

OOOO imagine if they have expansion-specific unlocks. Complete progression in Rain of Fear (or 500 Crystallized Fear) - unlock 100 slots! Complete progression in Underfoot (or spend 500 Brellium Tokens) - unlock 100 more slots!

This idea has merit.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Where did he say it was automated?

Most of the people I know who utilize housing have a series of characters and housing dedicated to TS mats, collectibles, quest items, etc. They leverage the parcel system and in-game email to manage their stocks. This is also called a workflow.

work·flow
    /ˈwərkflō/
    Learn to pronounce

noun

1. the sequence of industrial, administrative, or other processes through which a piece of work passes from initiation to completion.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I don't mind increasing be tied to old expansions. There a whole game out there people have never seen. Collectibles...get F!
  10. Fuzzlump New Member

The database space cost for a simple list of a per-player item ID+counts/charge field, can be packed into a single 32 bit number, 23 bits for the id (8 million items; ZAM shows under 200,000 items exist so far), 10 bits (0-1023) for quantity in a stack, and 1 bit for attunement. plus however augments are recorded. That size is FAR smaller than items in a house that have to know if it's in a closet/crate, or it's x/y/x/pitch/yaw/roll/scale data if placed. And don't forget that housing items have been disappearing for some users.

Dragons Hoard is far more efficient. It really shouldn't matter with modern hard disk sizes... but EQ's core is from 1997.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Kelset Elder

He didn't, hence the question mark on automation. Although, automating the movement of gear is probably a TOS violation so never mind :)
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

/waves hand

These are not the automations you're looking for.
  13. Warpeace Augur

So if your not doing Beta or playing on test here are the costs breakdowns for the additional 100 Dragon Hoard slots.

5 slots = 399
    10 slots = 699
    25 slots = 1499

grand total for 100 slots 5,996 DB cash

Basically $60 if you want the other 100 slots and didn't buy a lot of discounted DB cash back in the day.

Thats roughly equal to buying two more basic expansions for other alts at $31.49 with all access discount.
  14. Captain Video Augur

We should all understand that they're struggling financially, and this added source of revenue is vital.
    Metanis likes this.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

16. KrakenReality Augur

I’d pay them $60 dollars to not create massive item and tradeskill item bloat every expansion.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Thats terrible this could of been good whoever is in charge of pricing this stuff should be fired!

Andarriel
    Gyurika Godofwar and Bobokin like this.
  18. seber Augur

100 slot find need more buy house they 500 slot
  19. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

This was the only reason I was going to buy the xpac but it doesn't do anything for me. 100 slots is nice I guess but was hoping to get a storage crate (like EQ2) that all my boxes could access for tradeskilling.
    I don't have a high end toon, nor will I in the near future, so I suppose I'll sit it out until the next one.
    Zynt likes this.
  20. Zynt Augur

Those storage depots and how the TS one can be accessed while crafting are the only reason I still play EQ2. That and harvesting. The whole configuration is soothing to me and I can spend hours doing both, crafting and harvesting, while binging TV I don't need to pay attention to.
    Deux likes this.