Dragon Hoard underwhelming?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sissruukk, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

Per the Test Server patch notes:
    - The Dragon's Hoard is now avaliable. To find it, open the bank and click on the Dragon's Hoard button.
    - - This will act as a separate bank for each character and allow you to store additional items.
    - - It can be accessed from any banker in the world.
    - - This gives you the option to store your items in a list based format that is easily sorted and auto-merges your stacks of items for you.
    - - The cap for each character's Hoard is 100 items for members, 25 items for non-members, and 100 additional items from purchased Dragon's Hoard Slots.
    - - Dragon's Hoard items will only show up in Find Item window searches when the Dragon's Hoard window is open.
    - - Dragon's Hoard items will be listed in /outputfile inventory if it is run when the Dragon's Hoard window is open.
  2. Warpeace Augur

The idea is solid, reducing resource usage. Thats about where the good reviews stop.

Not seeing many freeing up resources from creating alts or houses that are literally free.
    Ceiteag and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

Eh, it is a start. Hopefully they increase the size exponentially (at least a hundred- or thousand-fold) and make the expansions available via other means than the marketplace (regular coins, old expansion currencies, overseer coins, loyalty coins, quests, some version of tribute, etc.).
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

I could live with it not being searchable unless at a banker if they:

- made it 1000 slots
    - made it account based, instead of per toon (so every toon on the account can access its contents)

As it is, it's easier to just buy another plot/house for storage solely to be able to search for items from anywhere. If they want people to move away from housing storage to a new concept, that new concept needs to be DAMN impressive. This thing isn't.
  5. Windance Augur

From the description I completely agree this is underwhelming. Good concept but 200 limit isn't nearly enough to make a dent.

The problem is we're encouraged to save all those collects and trade skill mats. There are 1000's of them in the game and we're getting ready to add another 100-200 ?

A single F2P mule can hold 10x32 slots = 320 items with another 24x32 = 768 items in a bank or a total of 1000 items

I hope that down the road they add some quests or additional market place things to bump the hoard limit up past 1000 so we can start to do away with the mules and housing as the go to method for storing the items in the game.
    Ceiteag and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Imho they are going about this the wrong way. They should bump up the capacity a lot, AND make it free for members and f2p-accounts alike.
    The main motivation isn't an inventory increase at all, it is to improve zoning-times, why should we pay DBC for a backbone optimization? :rolleyes:

DPG has to make the dragon hoard as enticing and accessible as possible for this to be a success...not hide it behind additional fees.
    Ceiteag, Gyurika Godofwar and Ssdar like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Disapointed to say the least. If you still need to be in the bank to use it is less use than having a F2P account stocked with TS items.
    Ceiteag, Fenthen and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Sobmre Augur

dragons hoard was a typo, they meant to say whelps fanny pack
  9. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

This would be a Perfect use for the Hunter achievement rewards. Nobody really needs yet another bag. Set up an NPC that accepts any Hunter reward bag and in exchange increases your Hoard capacity. Would need a mechanism to make sure it was a one time thing, don't want someone doing HoT Hunter on a half dozen alts and turn them all in to gain more space.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Sobmre Augur

what would be awesome is if you can do a one time turn in of any bag for its "slot" increase in the fannypack
  11. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

But then you run into issues of what counts as a bag. Does the container for making the Anquish key count? How about the half dozen different summoned bags, per tradeskill, from the various levels of the trophies. Mage summoned no-rent bags. Different size toolboxes. A dozen different colored handmade backpacks (each have a unique id).

Linking it to Hunter keeps the count manageable and set while also providing incentive to return to old content. It also means the NPC can check you have the achievement before accepting the bag.
  12. Sobmre Augur

every container, this would make it fun to find and collect them up. and even have a list of the ones you have already turned in
  13. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

At present there are 2233 containers in the game...
    Zynt likes this.
  14. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Excellent, much more hoard-like.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

I cant see putting anything in it that I would actually use.
    Just ancient loot that I dont want taking bank space but I dont want to destroy. Which makes dragons hoard a good name for it. Dragons historically dont really use the treasures in their hoard, they just like collecting it cause its shiny.
  16. Fuzzlump New Member

Maybe base it on the total achievement number/score; like 1 slot per cheevo(or per 5, per 10, or whatever scale they want) checkbox checked.
    Ssdar and trakk like this.
  17. Windance Augur

Dragon's Hoard - A dragon's hoard for those that have collected so many items, it is nigh impossible to contain. This is an additional space to hold all those items you may need once more but do not need now.

To be fair - They delivered exactly what they said.

Its just not what we were hoping for ... a solution to the "Must Save Everything" because I'll need it for trade skills, or guild member collects, etc.
  18. Angahran Augur

"so many items, it is nigh impossible to contain." = 40 100 ??
  19. Derd Augur

Isn't that the idea, it removes 100 items from every charachter inventory. Possibly lowering the demand on the games system. Something they can't test till implementation to see if it actually produces a benefit. Which can then be expanded upon in the future.

That was my guess when I first heard of dragon hoard , any actual computer nerds know or have thoughts on that theory?
    klanderso likes this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

At a cost. :rolleyes:

100 slots is nothing, I can gain far more by purchasing another housing plot or creating a F2P alt