COV comments...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Tucoh Augur

Skipping this expansion. Just not enough to be worth the price. I'll check back for the next expansion and probably buy in if it's not a level increase expansion, which feels like paying $35 per account to learn new spell names.

If EG7 wants to keep their new purchase alive, they're going to need to hire significantly more developers and designers. There are just too many good options out there.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Hayzeus Augur

They've already started work on the 2021 expansion.

It's called Jump the Shark (JTS), and it includes ship to ship combat.
  3. Micker Augur

The gear stat inflation looks ridiculous for a non level increasing expansion, from what I have seen on raidloot. I mean top level group gear should be lower than TBL raid gear. It's always been lower. If it was going to level 120, then I can see, but it's still level 115 cap. They need to tune the items down a lot.

With this expansion, do we get all the AA for the EoK expansion now with auto grant? Just checking for my other toons.
  4. Zynt Augur

What's the info on the Dragon hoard? I'm assuming that's the, "feature not worth talking about," but it's probably going to determine whether I purchase or not. I do not raid, I don't even really group, and I'm maxed on AA. I even have the endurance regen one maxed as a Nec. I also have plenty of things to do in the other expansions. Butm as a Tradeskiller if the hoard is decent I might buy for at least my main account.

Edit - I totally missed the post about this. Let me go check that out.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Never fails. Every year the same people claiming they aren't buying the expansion and for the same absurd reasons.

"I'm max level and aa, no reason to buy this expansion" Uh, more aa, more gear, and simply more CONTENT to play in that is new?

"There isn't enough content, not buying it" Uh, so you are wanting all this content and instead will get NO new content?

"Its not worth the price" Uh, its $31 bucks for an all access account to get an expansion with the content for a year. Unless you plan to just not log in at all (then yeah, why are you buying it), how could you possibly claim its not worth it? You'd spend more per unit entertainment time on ANYTHING else.

Just don't buy it and leave everyone alone. Most of you are going to buy it anyway and are just doing some pathetic attempt at "expressing your disapproval" or being contrary and no one wants to hear it.
    Caell, Tour, Szilent and 2 others like this.
  6. Zynt Augur

Simma down.
  7. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

I just compared the CoV group tank shield and TBL raid tank shield. The TBL raid tank shield still has 80 more AC and higher overall stats. The CoV group shield does include 800 more hp/mana/end and better heal proc, however.

Edit: The tank shield appears to be the exception but it is somewhat normal to see that increase.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

I dont think thats true. For instance, TBL top level group gear HME were better than EOK raid gear HME. Both those were also non level increasing. I think gear always gets a good bump when you dont have the level bump.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Borm FV New Member

I play a warrior and have max AA on live. I copies into beta and did the free AA grab to see how many I would need to be at max again, it was right at 3000. I’m not a raider and do more trade skills than exp hunting most of the time and I will be at max by the end of January. None of them were interesting, just additions to existing ones. Meh. Meh. Meh.

The trade skills seem to be cut and paste from ToV, substitute zones and they are essentially the same. The food and drink top end have a few nice mods, not just more hp and ac but it will be tough to get top dollar in the marketplace. Course salt is still a tie sink, but there are a few new ones. I’ve been collecting them on live for a few weeks so I can hit the ground running.

It is nice, as a non pally not sk, that there is more than just undead to kill, but it is a s,all change not a big one.

I usually finish by august, like I said I’m a stinking non raider so I plod along, but this will be done so fast.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

He seems to be a lot more hands on than all the others put together
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

CoV Comment Thread Commentary:

This thread is for complaints only. Any reference to positive feedback will be summarily ignored.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Guild wars2, cyber punk 2077 :D
  13. KrakenReality Augur

That's got to be disappointing for DPG that you're skipping this expansion. You act as sort of an enthusiast for boxing and creating a buzz around setting up a box group.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree with the sentiment but Arbys being amazing... .I dunno :)
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

Indeed. In 'n Out and then every other fast food place after.
  16. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

In 'n Out is terribad. Krystals is where it is at.
  17. Cicelee Augur

So the consensus is...

COV is a very tiny expansion content wise with nothing new per se except more of the same, and if you have not had In n Out then you need to be consoled because you have not experienced greatness.

Thanks for the feedback all. Well to those who gave legit feedback. There is always that one grumpy ole man who wants to yell at people for voicing an opinion. Happens every thread. I am sure I was that guy once or twice in 20 years on FQVL...
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If it is as small as alluded in this thread it will be in line with what many expected from an expansion created amidst a global pandemic, the need to work from home & the loss of three experienced team members one of whom was one of the most experienced the team had.

Hopefully by the time next year rolls around we will have a company in a much better position, or will have better adapted to the situation, the new hires will have been growing in experience & skill and the 2021 expansion will be a much more significant offering, given that it is currently slated to be a level-increase.
    That 2021 expansion will also be an important time for the studio with a new owner and will have a ramped up set of expectations as it will be seen as an indicator of what players can expect from the new owner/studio relationship going forwards.
  19. Raptorjesus5 Augur

There is always a huge increase in gear inflation when the rest of the expansion is lacking. They know it will sell copies if nothing else will.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

In N Out is like a fresh TLP... the nostalgia outweighs the reality for a little while but then reality rears its ugly head again.

My all-time favorite fast food burger is the Whopper. But for overall quality of a burger I'd have to go with 5 Guys. At least where I live.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Tarvas and Svann2 like this.