Don't want another TLP but you could...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Darcewin, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Darcewin Journeyman

Free Agnaar. would be nice but I guess its a Nope

its just time but I guess that's my opinion.

TLP Locked Server FTP would at least bring me back to the game, I would even consider paying for things if I could play my characters there, that is when I could afford to. How many people still play there? I really want to know because its a debate with me they have stopped selling steam cards where I live and I do not have a CC so makes my options slim.
    Elskidor likes this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Have you tried using a visa gift card instead of a steam card? I've never used it for this case specifically but I've used them alot just like a regular credit card on numerous other websites. Either use it to buy steam bucks or directly sub to EQ / buy a krono.
  3. Torrok Journeyman

Turn off true box on agnarr.. free would also be cool
    Elskidor likes this.
  4. Machen New Member

How do they make money on Free Agnarr?
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I'd really like to see Agnarr become either Subscription or a 1 time Marketplace purchase token to unlock it permanently on an account. I think pricing it similar to the base version of an expansion would be fair for a server that requires no more updating or changes.

Removing Truebox over there would also be pretty cool.
  6. Machen New Member

They don't have this model anywhere in EQ, I'd say it is very unlikely that they'd roll out something new for one underpopulated server.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Darcewin Journeyman

i would use a pre paid CC if it were unlocked per account like an expansion to unlock it, even if they don' have the model for this maybe its time they make one after all if its an underpopulated server and they are keeping the lights on at least this way they would make some money from the server. also in regards to the pre paid Visa etc they are pricey where I am also there is added fee's and then you cant 100% drain them. which is more money down the drain. but i do see your point its just a lot of wasted cash compared to the steam cards because steam cards had no added fees and no taxes etc.
  8. MMOer Augur

No go away box. Go play on Rizlona
  9. Fluid Augur

All servers end up with a Darwinist style user base. I haven't logged into Agnaar for a couple of months mainly because I have been more preoccupied on TLP servers in general and Rizlona in particular.

That being said, Agnaar has really stratified. My guild there blew up and there really isn't a lot of solo work to be found. I think a lot of others are in the same boat in that there is a dedicated user base that doesn't include them. To do the guild thing, you are almost universally required to attend a certain number of guild events i.e. 1-3/week and with my current guild/server asking the same, 6 nights of non conflicting guild play or marathon days of two different guilds on two different servers are just to much play for me in a week.

What you ask for, free play or boxing, is already there on Live servers and Rizlona respectively. Amongthe thing a lot of people like about TLP servers is you have skin in the game: People are paying their $15/month to play TLP so you *mostly* don't get people who risk their accounts.

I am trying to say in a round about way, free play and boxing wouldn't get me back on Agnaar. It would take something else, free Whopper at Burger King once a month or something similar. :) I can't see why someone wandering in to EQ would pick Agnaar over a Live server either w/o a Whopper that is.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

How would removing TrueBox on Agnaar affect anything on that server?