Fixed "Invalid Credentials" on website

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tegila, Nov 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty New Member

Same is happening to me , however it happens when I tried to buy expansions.
    I also cant get into my accounts.

No response from customer service . All I get is BOB the Bot ..
  2. dreadlord Augur

This has been happening as long as I can remember (maybe intermittently, not sure)
    I use a different computer/browser for each acc. So here I'm logged into 'dreadlord' on Chrome, I know if I tried to log into my DBG acc to buy an expansion on 'happygnome' it would get messy - even if I log out dreadlord, clear cookies etc. So fire up Opera (which is not linked) and all is well. I don't have underscores tho, so there's probably more than one problem
  3. trakk Lorekeeper

no, this has nothign to do with any of that, this is specifically the special characters and it has been nonstop for a week or more now, not sporadic. every browser every device. and it's REALLY irritating me at this point and costing DBG MONEY because I have wanted to or tried to give them some at least half a dozen times since this started, but i can't. At this point, especially with the sale going and ending..tomorrow night?..perhaps some remuneration is in order in the form of dbc.
  4. Yara_AB Augur

When this happened with game-login months ago I asked CS if it would be possible to
    a) remove the _ from the accountname
    b) change it to another (even random - couldn't care less) accountname

All I got was along the line "nope sorry" combined with "but you can just create a new account" (*cough* and pay for character transfers .. oh wait .. wasn't there something about account <-> account transfers?)

Appears that this issue with special characters is coming up more or less regularly - time to find a more permanent fix.
    Lucky me only one of my accs has the _ problem ...
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

"potions of amnesia" ($15.00) or "witness protection pack" ($20.00) in the marketplace will allow you to change your name if what you want is available.
  6. Tyreel Augur

I was able to buy the expansion on my account that has the underscore in the name a few weeks ago. I purchased the expansion signed out and purchased the expansion on two other accounts, when i signed out of the last account after all purchases and clicked to forums the account with the underscore was still logged in.
  7. Laurana Augur

Having the same issue with one account. I received an email update after submitting a ticket on the website from another account. They stated:

We're aware that accounts with special characters ("-" and "_") are unable to log into the websites or forums.
    We are currently working on a fix for this issue and we will update this ticket once we have a fix in place.
    Please note that the game login is still working. You will have to wait for the update, which should go live in the next couple of days.
    Jbur likes this.
  8. Moege Augur

charactername is not accountname.

So how will that advice help people ?
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

OMG your right!! Thanks for pointing that out.

Your day is blessed now:D
  10. Yara_AB Augur

accountname != charname
    And we are talking about accountnames here :) (yeah I know - like my finger was quick in replying to your posting, too, yours was happy trying to provide a solution to us *smile*)

An underscore in the charname would make the name appear like 2 separate words, by the way.
  11. trakk Lorekeeper

yeah a few weeks ago. this started 2 days before thanksgiving. i have all my stuff preordered , only 1 acct is affected by this at least, but it is my MAIN accoutn and not being able to add currency to it especially during this sale that..oops will be over in less than 24 hrs, or during the 50% bonus xp that is now over..it's ridiculous, especially since no one wanted to even acknowledge the issue until it was up for 4-5 days
  12. trakk Lorekeeper

Idk why, it's not even the game login server and this is an emergent financial issue for both customers and the company. People are cancelling credit cards, missing discounts, and planning to cancel accounts because they have no access to what financial info the company has or what automated drafts they make(can't cancel a sub) and even 1 day of this is a big deal, but now it's been at least 8, and we're waiting for an "update" in "a couple days"??
  13. trakk Lorekeeper

Oh look, still broken. This is beyond ridiculous. NOTHING ELSE SHOULD HAVE PRIORITY
  14. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Finally fixed!
  15. Tegila Augur

finally. but are they gonna DO anything as compensation? ha. missed bag sale. missed buying xp pots during bonus. missed 9 days of spendign dbc every 12 hours on overseer.
  16. Tegila Augur

and that was jsut what i personally missed out on, but what about the people that had to cancel their credit cards because they had NO control over autocharged subs? people have been burned too many times...remember the data breach years back that shut the entire game down for a month...THIS is why there NEEDS to be gamecards available for cash so that NO ONE ever has to supply you their financial information if they dont want to. Daybreak cash: gamecard. monthly sub: gamecard. Expansions? special gamecard maybe, but if yo uwant to keep customers, paying customers, yo ucan not keep screwing with our access to and control over our information, and many will simply never trust you again..a lot wouldnt after the data breach but they could get gamecards. now they jsut dont play, or dont pay.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.