Looking for "afk" camps

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kinaforum, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Kinaforum Journeyman

I camped an ancient croc, pretty much the entire day today, and it was perfect to do while at work.

What I liked was it was about a 13 minute spawn time, nothing around you aggroes, easy to get to, etc etc.

What i'd like is more camps like this, camps where I can afk for 10-20 minutes at a time to work, then come back to kill the PH or named (or clear a very minimal room on spawn).

I'd mainly like safe spots to sit and afk, no roamers that will aggro, or at most, 1.

I'm only level 31 now, but I'd like suggestions for all levels. Preferably camps for int / wis gear currently, as I'm pretty under geared right now, basically wearing cloth / leather except for a few int / wis pieces. I also did Najena to get robes, that worked pretty well.

We have Velious unlocked currently on our server.

I feel I can break pretty much almost any camp that is level 30 and below. So, skill / playstyle shoudn't be an issue. But, at the same time, i'm looking for easy afk camps. I tried to camp Cheif Goonda, but i couldn't get close enough to harmony / lull any mobs, the aggro range is HUGE, so i woudl just get like 7 mobs. And, i don't want to have to break that every respawn.

Any suggestions?
  2. Kinaforum Journeyman

Also, i just googled "afk" camps everquest and got a lot of hacking type stuff. I will be playing my characters, I just dont' want to do anything for 10-20 (or even longer) minutes between pulls / kills, and i want to be able to live without staring at my screen during my "afk" time.

So, play characters, kill 1-4 mobs or so, then sit and afk for 10+ minutes until respawn, then repeat.

any amount of respawn time is acceptable over 10 minutes, anything below may be hard to work while, but I'll still take the ideas.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

a froglok scryer - level 21 named, drops +3 INT bracers (non-lore) and a sort of decent secondary item for low level casters

The Great Oowomp - has lots of low/mid tier caster drops including +5 INT earrings, +3 INT mask, etc. Respawn time is only about 4m 45s, but there are no other mobs in the camp to clear and you can safely sit away from him until you're ready for another pull. He is level 34 and a shaman caster, so he has some nasty dots and you may want to level up slightly before doing this camp depending on your class. There are no placeholders, the named spawns every time, but this is offset by the relatively low drop rate of any useful items.

Gabbie Mardoddle - level 32 named, drops a +4 INT cloak. Cloak is a rare drop. 3 other mobs in camp that need cleared each cycle. 15m 30s respawn.

a ghoul sage - level 37 named, drops +9 INT hat and +4 INT waist. 3 other mobs in camp that need cleared each cycle. 2 of them are always wizards. 23m 30s respawn.

Kindle - level 27 named, drops +5 INT +10 mana gloves. Placeholder for Kindle wanders. There's a couple mostly safe places you can sit that he wanders through. I usually use the narrow hallway just north of the false floor trap in the NE section of his wandering path. 15m 30s respawn, but in practice it's a bit longer between PH's since he spawns away from you and wanders up to your camp.

Lord Pickclaw - level 32 named, drops +5 INT/WIS neck that also has Mana Pres II once focus effects are enabled for your server. It's not a super ideal "afk" camp since the destroyer placeholders are on pretty long respawn timers (I think about 45 mins each, not sure of precise timer). You could potentially pick like 4-5 placeholder spots and just come back once an hour to clear them all or something.

reclusive ghoul magus - level 22 named, drops +3 INT/WIS hat and +25 mana gloves. 15m 30s respawn, only one other mob in his room to clear once you're in the room
    Fluid, Tsavo, Ezra and 2 others like this.
  4. Kinaforum Journeyman

ALL OF THESE - thank you a bunch! I'll get started on one of them tomorrow :)
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Pyzjn - old school style! PH's spawn every 3 minutes, but they can take a few minutes to wander up to the undead ruins. Also the named only spawns at night, so you only have 10 in game hours (30 minutes IRL) to bother clearing PH's, and the other 14 in game hours (42 minutes IRL) to afk. Rarely drops Glowing Black Stone +9 INT secondary with the far more important fashionquest attribute of a glowing red orb to carry. I'd just set an audio trigger for Pyjzn (she self buffs and summons a pet when she spawns so the trigger fires) and kill PH's whenever you have free time during night time game hours only. You could easily spend all day at this camp with no success though. The GBS drop rate is like 1 in 10 or something.
  6. Kinaforum Journeyman

Pzjn - i have spent all day there with no success, i refuse to go back lol, thanks though!
  7. Kinaforum Journeyman

Speak of the Gabby camp, won't that ruin my faction with Akanon? Does that really matter? No gnomes in my crew. There is a big wisdom item from the robots i'd camp also, only 1-2 roamers on the cycle, that's teh camp basically.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Yes, you'll tank your faction with:
    Gem Choppers (gnome warrior guild)
    King Ak`Anon (the gnome king)
    Miners Guild 628 (gnome rogue guild)
    Merchants of Ak`Anon (self explanatory)
    Solusek Mining Co. (some more gnomes)

I'm not aware of any long term (or even short term) reasons to care about tanking any of those. And yeah CGS is very worthwhile to camp as well!
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Hadden is easy but low payoff. Maybe the easiest camp ever if its vacant. People will often bind there and time it though.
  10. Fluid Augur

In addition to the excellent suggestions so far. I almost always do The Testament of Vaneer.
    Testament of Vanear :: Items :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com)
    It is no drop, but the key camp is Dyllin Starshine in a relatively safe area of Highhold. Should be possible to log a character out and character of interest in to loot.

Quest drop item that will eventually get burning Affliction 1, +3 INT ear slot.
    Cuburt :: Bestiary :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com)
    I have alt disease, usually about 4 casters so these are almost always welcome.

Captain Surestout :: Bestiary :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com)
    Drops a nice bracer that is part of a quest, I just keep it. In OOT Cyclops Isle so you have to be kind of sneaky to get to him at level 31.

There's also a couple of quests I run that are majorly for magic tossers. i.e. a Druid out of Qeynos or any Bind/Gate magic user from there so you can Bind in Ak'Anon. With good Surefall faction, pick up the nitrates,
    Flask of Nitrates :: Items :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com)
    take it to
    The Regurgitonic :: Quests :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com)
    Back to Surefall or Origin to Qeynos and run a few zones over to Frostbite.
    Frostbite's Fish :: Quests :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com)
    *Note sometimes you get a bad Regurgitonic. The bad one makes the Bear Mammoth go nuts and attack you. Does nothing to Frostbite.
    Turn the fish into
    Enic Ruklin :: Bestiary :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com)
    You get a no drop +3 INT ring or Prayer Beads. The Prayer Beads have an excellent low level two casts of heal and are rechargeable for 10 pp. I can't tell you the number of times these have saved my bacon. I mean everything from an Enchanter casting heals to save the group tank to an OOM Druid being able to heal enough to zone. I try to put them on all my characters.

At 31 you should be able to survive in Splitpaw. They have some decent drops for newbs and an OK quest for
    Gem Inlaid Gauntlets :: Quests :: EverQuest :: ZAM (allakhazam.com)
  11. Gnothappening Augur

If you have lev and don't mind refreshing it you can do gornit in ocean of tears. That is assuming the island isn't being botted for jboots. Same goes for hill giants in rathe mountains. You can sit up on a wall and just come down and kill one every 15 mins or so. Once you get some levels on you you can do the same with ice giants, again assuming it isn't being afk botted. Another good place at higher levels are the 2 frogloks just inside the sebilis entrance. I suggest having snare though as they will run. Root can work in a pinch, but it just isn't as reliable. I also suggest the 2 giant spawn outside of the wakening lands side of kael. Some of these spots are better if you have hide or eventually a fixed duration invis. People sometimes drag mobs over you and being invis or hidden is handy.
  12. Kinaforum Journeyman

Excellent, more great ideas!

So far I just finished with the AC camp, 3 legs, 2 arms. I'm at scryer now in Upper Guk just because i was in the zone.

I did the ogre in TD last night for a bit, got a belt and a bracer too, not too bad of a spot. That's a good one to watch a movie to or so :)

All of these camps should keep me busy for a while, thank you all for the great suggestions!
  13. Kinaforum Journeyman

Finished up scryer camp today, 4 bracelets and the mask quest, i wanted the off hadn for my chanter, but i'll move on. I need int gear for jewelecraft, so that's my focus right now.

Thanks again everyone