Passing of a longtime EQ player

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Franchise, Nov 30, 2020.

1. dubblestack Elder

ah man, rough news. He was one of the few people i knew in the game who could make me laugh in discord, & always pushing it to the limit in terms of his ability. I was just thinking about him the other day, damn. Prayers to the family, he was a cool guy.
  2. BigDog Elder

Played with Kontra quite a bit. He was always a fixture in the wizard chat. He Malaki and I always trying to top those parses and laughing when one of us over did it. (which was usually him lol)

RIP buddy
    malaki and Zithax like this.
  3. Yasi Journeyman

One moment you hated him, the other you loved him.

RIP Kontra and my condolences.
  4. Zithax Elder

I am at a loss for words, unsure of what really to say to give this guy the remembrance he deserves. He did rub some people the wrong way. He was also a greatly entertaining individual who I enjoyed playing EQ with every single TLP and guild reiteration. This is a loss that touches a lot of us in different ways. I don't know if he had any family but my thoughts are with them right now. He didn't deserve to die this young but we never know what our fates are, I suppose.

Kontra, rest in peace man, and know that you'll remain in our memories for as long as we endure playing EQ brother

#NEVERFORGETWIZARDCHAT
    malaki likes this.
  5. malaki Augur

AoS Wizard chat was the best and he was definitely a big reason for that.
    Rand al`Thor and Zithax like this.
  6. Tx454 New Member

Your brother and I were guilded quite a bit over the years in different TLP servers, you could always count on him to be brutally honest and both sorta endearing at some times. I'm sorry for your family's loss and may you all find some solace and remember the good times you had with him. These holidays are going to be especially hard on your family and my thought and prayers for whatever they count, are yours.

Wablabus
    Grove and Rand al`Thor like this.
  7. Sturmx Lorekeeper

Sorry for you loss :( Kontra was a blunt, funny, passionate, and helpful guy. Even if he didn't get along with everyone he was a great person to have on your side. Rest in peace man.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  8. Punchu Augur

Holy this hits hard. Kontra was one of the all time most fun players I ever played with hands down. I have a lot of great memories of Kontra since Phinny TLP, he made a big impact in a short time.
    Rand al`Thor and Whulfgar like this.
  9. Sarcogian Augur

My condolences to you and yours. I never played with him but we sent a few cross server tells and chopped it up talking shop about the monk class. Incredibly knowledgeable with good strategies to make those big d*ck parses and have zerkers crying to the forums for monk nerfs. The monk community and it sounds like a few others lost a really skillful player.
  10. Laloru Moonmist New Member

Kontra is one of our guildies - we had a few folks that expressed concern that he hasn't logged in for too long. Is it possible that the Kontra you are talking about was on The Rathe server in SV? I'd like to pass this along to our guildies but I want to make sure they are the same Kontra before I do that. Kind of hoping there are two Kontras out there but I'm concerned that this is our Kontra....
    Whulfgar likes this.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Whullf, Scarlet Vengeance.. Kontra is a member of our ranks currently. One of the best people I met in this game. This truly hits home right in the feel.

We have a player down folks.=(
    Grove likes this.
  12. Ferriciean Lorekeeper

13. Cukernaut Journeyman

You know when you join guilds and look around and know its going to be a good time based on who else was there? Kontra was one of those dudes. Everquest, and the world is a lesser place without him. Miss you buddy.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. Rand al`Thor New Member

So sorry for your loss - I played with Kontra pretty much daily for several years on Phinny. He played with a passion we all shared and will be greatly missed. I had a crew of gnomes so his gnome wizard always had a special place in my heart. May the Clockwork Guard watch over his soul and he sleep forevermore to the song of endless mana with dreams filled of wild treasures.

Our memories keep us alive in each other; its comforting to see so many friends pay their respects. If our paths have crossed through Kontra or otherwise - stop by and share a tale; I currently reside on Aradune.

Fuunky <Triadica>, Solusek Ro
    Morituri <FoH>, Permafrost
    Vibrato <AoS/WT>, Phinny
    Dubby <Lineage>, Green
    Rand <The Ta'Veren>, Aradune
    Grove likes this.
  15. Krysanth Elder

I enjoyed playing with Kontra on the TLP servers. His personality was always entertaining. He was also quick to help people if they needed. RIP
  16. ThenaEQ Augur

Sorry for your loss. Kontra was a great person and an amazing friend. Was never afraid to say what was on his mind to anybody. Game wont be the same without him.
    Rand al`Thor likes this.
  17. Sobmre Augur

sorry for your loss, like everyone else here i had many interactions across many servers with kontra and spent many hours in groups/raids with him. his trolling skills in chat/voice was legendary and very entertaining. EQ has lost a great player
  18. Grove Augur

The barrier of space prevented our meeting. But the loss of of any player is a loss to me.
    Comfort to you in the loss of your brother.
    Comfort to all of us in the loss of a brother.
  19. Franchise New Member

You'll never truly appreciate how much it means to read all of these messages of support and reflection. This is such a great community we have, and I am so glad my brother and I starting playing so many years ago. Thank you
    Grove and adetia like this.
  20. Filter Augur

This is very sad news. Kontra was a great guy willing to help others at the drop of a hat or just have conversations about nothing. He will be missed. Sorry for your loss Franchise :(