Vanquisher of TBL & ToV

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Downtoplow, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Downtoplow Journeyman

Some of us on Phinigel have heard conflicting reports that Vanquisher of The Burning Lands is needed to unlock some of the evolving items from Fight Fire? Or is it just for ornaments with particle effects like CoTF / TDS? We are in x-pacs that were released long after Phinny launched and our knowledge of these more current xpacs is pretty limited.

Vanquisher of ToV is just an upgrade to the TBM eyes I understand as well?
  2. Funky Augur

to do the final evolution of the hands, ring, shoulder and feet items from fight fire.. you have to have completed all the raid achievements for TBL
  3. Tharkis Princess

the very last evolution requires you to be a completionist, zero unfinished achieves in all of TBL , including all raid achieves
    Funky likes this.
  4. Downtoplow Journeyman

Thanks for the replies. I have another question: How does the final evolution of the hands / ring / shoulder / feet stack up against ToV raid loot? Is it worth going back in ToV and knocking out any raid achievements we missed?
  5. Conq Augur

Fully completed "Djarn's Rhodium Amethyst Ring" with no augs is 9930 HP/Mana/End while "Velium Enhanced Ring of Adroitness" (raid tradeskilled) with no augs is 9546 HP/Mana/End - focus's are the same effects & lvls. Worth it to me.
    Conq
  6. Nniki Augur

Yes, Restless Focus VI on Luminous Restless Ice is a direct upgrade to Eyes of Life and Decay, raising the max spell level affected from 110 to 120. Its initial absence was a point of contention in the ToV beta where, if it had not been added, there would have been very little benefit from many of the new spells, as they would have exceeded the max level limit on the eyes of life and decay, reducing or even nullifying their relative effectiveness and efficiency as an upgrade.

It was intended for them to remain competitive with ToV gear. ToV also introduced additional type 18 and 19 augmentations to support the evolving earring that can also be used to garner even more value out of the TBL evolving items. Heroics (especially dexterity), procs (spell and melee), and attacker augs in particular come to mind.