Quest disappears from quest window

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Traxen, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Traxen Lorekeeper

I had a rather unfortunate action take place and was wondering if it happened to anyone else.

I was doing Lcea partisan mission Concerned Citizens on my tank. Went through the seven subquests and got the part where you go check out the yeti caves and get jumped by the two sarnak.

After the fight, the quest was gone. Just gone outta the window. All the others were there. I camped to see if that was a bug, nope, still gone. Checked my log, no mention of it being removed.

What the devil happened?
  2. Derd Augur

Yinla likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Riou likes this.
  4. Traxen Lorekeeper

Ok, I named the wrong mission. Doesn't change the fact a quest vanished from my toon
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Have you petitioned yet? Players can offer advice but only a Daybreak employee can fix it. That having been said, it is (sadly) sometimes easier just to redo it.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

It does matter as that's how solo tasks are designed, once all the steps are completed it's done. Need to know what task name was.

Or it had a timer that expired while you were finishing the step, maybe you went afk for a while.

Post a screenshot of the bottom of the Quest History tab on the Quest Journal.
  7. Derd Augur

I'm sorry I was unable to help you with the actual quest you needed but not the one you described. I am retiring my mind readers badge from this day forward.
  8. Traxen Lorekeeper

Well the screwiness continues. The quest has reappeared in my tank's quest window but I am not getting kill credits for the GD snow dervish Merc quest. I am camping Gerton (10 kills and no ring) and dervs spawn at the entrance to the Laima tunnel. Despite repeated kills I am not getting credit.

And I just saw a post from someone whose bank has disappeared. This is not giving med confidence in the CoV launch at all.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You mean this one ?
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/bank-money-gone.271871/#post-3982590
    EDIT/UPDATE: Money found! For whatever reason, all the missing platinum ended up in the personal inventory of my trader. How it got there I don't know, but glad the money was found!

Not sure how it is related to COV unless your on beta.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

A guildie of mine was stating that he picked up the snow dervish kill quest but was not getting credit for the windchill sprites in the Coldain Miner cave. Anyone else run into this problem?
  11. Vanrau Augur

Yes, check the bug forum.
    Sissruukk and Yinla like this.