Can anyone use any of the serverwide chats?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyssanda, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

in PMs with me, Dreamweaver said
    Only no one I've talked to can get any serverwide channel to work.
    About 2 days after the PM from DW.. This was posted in the bug forum thread:

I just want to know if ANYONE has serverwide channels back like is being claimed.
    Nniki likes this.
  2. AanuvanesBuffArmy New Member

I can still not access serverwide.eqtraders:eqtraders from any of my accounts (and I still can't validate to the forums/account management with my accounts that have an _ in the login).

~Aanuvane
  3. Nolrog Augur

I can't get into any serverwide chats or create any new ones. EQ Resource serverwide has been down since July.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Not working for me either.
  5. Nniki Augur

I wouldn't be surprised if the people reporting that serverwides are working don't know what they are. I suspect this because I'd say the vast majority of players don't actually join serverwides. They might be confusing them with being able to join another server's channels, which does appear to be working; it's understandable as the name is a bit misleading.

Serverwide channels are channels prefixed with "serverwide". They are not owned by a specific game server that players can join. For example, If I wanted to join the Cazic Thule server's general channel, I'd type /join cazic:general from a server other than CT or just /join general if I were on that server. That's just a CT server channel, not a serverwide channel. But if someone wanted to join an actual serverwide channel, such as the bard serverwide channel, they'd type /join serverwide.bards:bards no matter which server they wanted to join it from.

Serverwides haven't returned since they stopped working with the September 16th downtime where they did chat maintenance and an update. They all report not found.

Here are some serverwide channel lists:
    Can go through them all and see they all report "not found". If someone is seeing different results, they should speak up, as I've yet to see anyone but dreamweaver state that there are people that can join serverwide channels.

If you're going by the history recorded on the discord server, I don't believe the bot was running since July, but the serverwide channel was working into September.

From my logs:
    09/16/20 07:00:33 AM * Tunare.{name-removed} has entered channel serverwide.eqresource:3
    09/17/20 07:15:03 PM Channel serverwide.eqresource not found
    Sancus, Tlail, Riou and 2 others like this.
  6. Nniki Augur

Just a correction in syntax: meant /join cazic.general there. Typo'd colon instead of period.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Severwide doesn't work for anyone AFAIK. And if they are not addressing it, its probably dead.
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I blame Toenail!
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

they are trying to address it, that's why Ratalthor asked for PMS with your server and character names..
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Yep, haven't been able to join serverwide.eqresource for a long time. The game says it doesn't exist and won't create it. Which is a shame, because I like giving a hard time to Rorce and Riou.

I would really like to hear a developer's response to this, because there are many incredibly valuable serverwide channels that keeps the community together and it's a shame not to address it. Maybe after the expansion launches and crunch time is over we can see if it can get fixed.
    Riou likes this.
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I've done some snipping..
    I 100% agree..
    in my mind there are
    server channels like General chat,which are the ones you join with just /join general
    there are cross server , where someone from say Luclin types /join Cazic.General
    and then the serverwide ones where you have /join serverwide:channelname: password
  12. Vanrau Augur

None of the serverwide channels have worked for me for a while now.
  13. Angahran Augur

Serverwide channels have been down for several months. No ETA afaik of when/if they will be fixed.
  14. Tlail Elder

No, i haven't been able to join serverwide.bards since the September patch (and i try every day).

Tilail
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Should really be called multi server channels... or server(s)wide.
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Except we didn't name them. EQ did in 2002? when they came out. I know there are posts on the EQ traders boards referencing serverwide channels in 2002. And they all start with serverwide.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I know my comment was directed at them.