Fixed Internally Windchill Sprites in GD a mess

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Orcen, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Soulbanshee Augur

Hotfix depends on the data, not everything can be pushed outside of a patch, even if it is "just one zone".
  2. PIPFixTheDervishes! New Member

Damn, so I finally get time to start my earring and I am stuck at this part of the quest. Now, I need to wait 3 weeks because someone oopsied the dervish model??? This seems like a pretty important fix, as it blocks the main quest line for all of ToV. I’m sure most late-comers will want to get this done before the next expac

Please make this a priority @pip
    nitrocutter likes this.
  3. Gabrieles Lorekeeper

Is there any way we could get this fixed before next patch ? Seems a silly mistake and waiting weeks to see a remedy kinda sucks.
  4. IvanCrossingguard New Member

Pip,

We appreciate your candor, but can you please make this a priority? Some of us have limited time to play. Waiting 3 weeks for the main quest arc in the current expac seems unreasonable.

@pip
    Hibachii and Fenthen like this.
  5. Moak The Most High

This thread is now marked "Fixed Internally"- does that mean that the task now works? or does that mean that the fix is waiting for the December patch?
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It means they have identified the bug, and implemented the fix on their internal testsystem. The fix is ready to go live on next patch/hotfix.
  7. KrakenReality Augur

It depends if it makes into the patch for next month. There's been times a small issue has persisted multiple months. Nobody is perfect, so it happens.
  8. IvanCrossingguard New Member

@KrakenReality this "small issue" is stopping everyone at a bottleneck. All of ToV progression is at a standstill because of these stupid sprites. Can't complete the earring past level two and no one can finish the progression with this little oopsie.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. KalStevens New Member

One way of fixing this would be to give everyone that is on this quest credit as if they completed it.
    At least that wont block progression on the earring right before the expansion.
    Hibachii and nitrocutter like this.
  10. PIPFixTheDervishes! New Member

@KatStevens I would take that. Seems like an appropriate response. @ngreth @pip , would this be possible? Some of us have digital lives on hold right now.
  11. kookoo Augur

bah i should have checked here 1st , i was at 6 / 9 on the winchilled spirit , and was not able to get updates,i thought i was bugged, and there was 15 up in GD, so i deleted the task to get it again,, after killing one task didn't updated .

well , before they were called * a winchilled spirit * and now it is a winchill spirit , i guess it is why it doesn't work,

oh well i will have to strart them again,.........
  12. Shotinthe New Member

Yeah, stuck at 5/9 ..hope we at least get to keep the ones that show we killed, the zone is sure gonna be busy after next patch -P It would be better if we got credit for all we killed however (Since I'd be done).
  13. Hibachii New Member

Really frustrating - it's preventing progression for me. I would appreciate if dev could get this fix to us before the December release.
  14. Gabrieles Lorekeeper

I am guessing with only about a week left till patch and no reply on this thread from a dev we are out of luck. I have 3 toons now that all they lack for progression is this task /grumble
  15. KalStevens New Member

@gabrieles I commented earlier and I am hoping that if they can not fix it in time, that they can give us the achievement checkbox in the database. Most of us probably did the quest at least partially, before we noticed it was not updating.
  16. smash Augur

If you think they will give you that manually, then I think you drunk.

That is a big/huge task, costing a lot of resources, of having to give each person, who is lacking it and can do it,, on each server.

Sorry, never ever going to happen!!!!