High levels monopolizing lower lvl zones

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by strikemaster, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Is there a cov earring?
  2. Cicelee Augur

I say this as someone who has not logged into the game in seven weeks, and has not purchased the new expansion so does not have access to beta forums. But I would think the answer to that (and similar) questions cannot be public until expansion launch.

However if suddenly players are doing things In older zones that no one has been to for years, that could be a sign that someone knows something in beta and wants to get a head start on live. I remember a month before Plane of War came out, a few people began to monopolize Plane of Earth and no one knew why. Then Plane of War came out, and suddenly bazaar traders had certain items at outrageous prices due to the prior month...
  3. Tevik Augur

Didn't they do away with beta NDAs years ago?
  4. Monkman Augur

Yeah there hasn't been a beta NDA in years.

Ngreth mentioned in beta a few nights ago there won't be a evolving/ts quest this year unfortunately due to staff shortage.
    Svann2 likes this.
  5. Endorek Lorekeeper

The earring, and the ability to make the 18/19 augs that comes along with the earring quest, added to the TBL evolving items from last year, has finally pushed me into tradeskilling, something I'd fought tooth and nail to avoid for the 20+ years I've been playing, and I know a TON of other people doing this same thing for the same reasons. Bazaar prices are high as a result, and quantity is low, so I've done a lot more farming of low level zones than I know I wanted to. It doesn't take many people doing this to really cramp a lot of those places.

I'm don't know if they capture this kind of data somehow, but I'd love to know the average combined tradeskill score from a year ago vs now. I know for me it would have been under 20 then and above 300 now.
    Tatanka likes this.
  6. Monkman Augur

Artisans prize and crestra ear post fix also had spikes in the ts market
  7. Bigstomp Augur

Sounds plausible to me. Just like the groups sitting in the static zone of deadhills killing things.
    Maybe hoping to go somewhere to cheat where they are unlikely to die even if their automation does something wrong.
    Cadira likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This will always happen when players are forced to go back to older content to do hunters and collect tradeskills.
    Metanis likes this.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

Static deadhills zone has nothing useful in it except a few xp mobs.
  10. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

It's not, and there isn't.
    A single 115 SK for example, can just roam around keeping the whole place clear if they want.

Feerott: The Dream is a big zone. Grounds is not. It's probably 25 seconds from end to end.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Then they are not blocking anyone from doing quests.
  12. Vumad Cape Wearer

13. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Ethernere Essence is there as a drop, and a forage, and is used in a TON of recipes in HIGH amounts.
    Funky, Yinla and Nennius like this.
  14. Zynt Augur

The amount of time I spend in PoP zones and the number of mobs in those zones that I mow through is ridiculous. All for a few TS points between 340 and 350. I swear sap used to drop far more frequently.
    Funky likes this.
  15. trakk Lorekeeper

From the description though, they weren't doing the whole zone,and there's like the 4 compass points that are largely separated by the stone ramps etc so still, there should be plenty to go around for the 1 person trying to do a quest and the 1 farmer (group or whatever). Idk what they are or aren't doing, but some people do tend to exaggerate to get attention.
  16. Windance Augur

I watched two 115 people farm 2/3 of grounds. Pretty sure one was AFK'er the other I'm not as sure about. The mobs are trivial at 115 and would die in about 6s. It took them longer to move than it did to kill stuff.
  17. trakk Lorekeeper

O
    Oh i get that and not agreeing with it, but a level appropriate person isn't satisfied with 1/3 of the zone?