Trail of Discovery Howling Stones Partisan #2

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by goirish, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Chanteren Elder

Going to start all over and not use evac. I guess my group will die more than before, but I've never heard that dying bugs the mission, so... here goes!
    Jwiz
  2. Axxius Augur

Evacing would definitely bug the mission. Restart and do not evac.
  3. Chanteren Elder

Does using a campfire do the same thing?
    I've used one extensively for those that die. :(
    Jwiz
  4. Axxius Augur

If the Crypt Keepers lose aggro for any reason, the mission gets bugged.
  5. Chanteren Elder

Campfires do NOT bug the mission. Just NEVER use evac!
    I finally finished.
    Jwiz
    Axxius and Riou like this.
  6. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I realize this is a day late and a dollar short, but I didn't see your responses until now.

there is a workaround if you end up having to evac. you can drop 1 toon from your group/task and send them to re-get the mission by themselves. they can then campfire back to you and trigger the room. while you're killing (no need for them to redo the first 2 steps of the task), they drop their task and rejoin your task/group. it's a ridiculous thing to have to do but it is verified to work.
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  7. Morgen Elder

Sorry for the necro bump but is the first 2 steps "Find out what the Arisen are planning" just a stupidly rare update? Or does zoning/evaccing bug that out too somehow?
  8. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Helped a guild mate with this tonight.

Took 3 clears of the basement for him on those steps, and both happened in the 3rd clear. From memory, it took awhile for me as well when I did it with my self group.

So yes.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

This does not work. I dropped 1 character from the group + mission. Ran him back to the task NPC, and received a message that I cannot request a new task because the previous one is still active.

You would have to use an alt who was not part of the previous mission, or a guild mate etc, assuming you can find someone who has previous progression completed, willing to request it, run deep into Howling Stones, and wait for you to pop Rile.

[Tue Nov 24 18:21:18 2020] Guitar has been removed from your shared task, 'Trail of Discovery'.
    [Tue Nov 24 18:21:25 2020] You say, 'help'
    [Tue Nov 24 18:21:26 2020] Praetor Noctis Trayer says, 'If you are braver than me, I would like you to go into that horrid place and find out what those Arisen are up to.'
    [Tue Nov 24 18:21:26 2020] You may not request a shared task because someone in your group, Rathaniell, already has one.
    [Tue Nov 24 18:21:36 2020] You have been removed from the group.
    [Tue Nov 24 18:21:37 2020] You say, 'help'
    [Tue Nov 24 18:21:38 2020] Praetor Noctis Trayer says, 'If you are braver than me, I would like you to go into that horrid place and find out what those Arisen are up to.'
    [Tue Nov 24 18:21:44 2020] You can not be assigned this shared task because your previous shared task has not ended yet.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

That's normal now, missions and raids grant a lockout once added to anyone currently or prior if the task is in progress or completed.
  11. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

go figure, a workaround that's 2 and a half years old doesn't work anymore.... crazy.