Cross Server Channels

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Paladin, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Paladin Augur

Any info on when cross-server channels will be fixed?
    Elyssanda and Yinla like this.
  2. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Cross-server chats work, even involving Beta server. It's the "serverwide." chats which don't.

Tells from and to Beta (using ;tell) seem to be blocked / supressed ("is not online" from AB to Beta, "can not be found" from Beta to AB).
  3. Elyssanda Bardbrain

you can /join servername.channel to join specific channels on specific servers, but yea, the /join serverwide.channel things are still borked. Although, in a reply to a PM from me, Dreamweaver seems to think that SOME people are able to get into serverwide chat channels.. I've asked in the hybrid forum if any bards are able to join it, as I know we kept it pretty active every day, only 1 person has replied since I posted it last night, but they said no as well..
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Best people to ask would be those joining eq resources
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

in the other thread about chat problems.
  6. Paladin Augur

OK maybe I need to clarify.

I meant server-wide channels -- not cross-server tells or joining channels on another server... such as the one noted for EQ Resource (was was broken 2+ months ago with the original issue came up).

They seem to have fixed server channels, but not server-wide.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I knew what you meant paladin, as does the dev, they have all chat issues in that one mega thread... believe me, I MISS serverwide channels.. I poke Dreamweaver about them weekly in a PM for updates. He seems to think some of them work for some people. I have not found 1 person that has them, out of the 3 serverwide channels that I frequent.
  8. Paladin Augur

Keep poking! :) In Discord, the person who runs one of those channels says it is broken, so don't know how anyone can join it if it isn't there.