Another year with no good Thanksgiving items on Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Herf, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Herf Augur

All we get in the DB store is the title "the Sated". DB is really missing an opportunity here IMHO. So I'll list this stuff in hopes of maybe having some of them implemented for Thanksgiving 2021 (assuming there is one.)

- Turkey drumstick weapon ornaments
    - Comic/angry turkey face shield ornaments
    - Turkey familiar (basic and sentient versions)
    - Turkey familiar with multi colored tail feathers
    - title of "the Turkey"
    - Turkey helmet ornament (not requiring Hero's Forge)
    - Turkey player illusion wand (which has an icon that looks like a drumstick, or turkey face)
    - food generator; casts AoE turkey or pumpkin pie stat food. If the food is really good, make it only summonable during the month of November.
    - short lived turkey summoning item like the red ball summoner; turkey runs to the person you 'throw' the turkey at, making a gobbling sound, they can throw it to someone else. Turkey poofs once someone fails to throw it for 1 minute.
  2. MarttinPH Augur

The simple fact is that almost all of development time is being spent for the new expansion, and fixing in major bugs. Unless there is a bug that seriously effects gameplay (and I mean seriously), or if they bug benefits players in any at ALL then they aren't going to be addressing until next year. To be fair even the bugs that benefits players are only being addressed if they are relatively quick fixes. We can examine the last patch notes, which were quite sparse.

- Fixed the spell description of the Claws of Veeshan Expansion Ticket to say it will grant Claws of Veeshan.
    This issue directly dealt with money transactions, it had to be fixed asap.
    - Music Box: Kaladim will now play music even if you do not target yourself when you click.
    Very small bug. I imagine it was a very quick fix, as other music boxes probably don't require targetting.
    - Dragons, Dragons, Dragons will allow you to progress further, if you have the skills.
    This probably was added a long time ago, but wasn't mentioned in the patch notes until the event came up again.
    - Necromancer - Corrected an issue that allowed the Deathwhisper focus effect to affect spells that it is not intended to affect.
    As per usual, it takes several months to make a single change. I sometimes wander if they test changes at all before they go live.
    October - Corrected an issue that caused the Deathwhisper Shard of the Ancients to provide more benefit than intended. It now results in the same total benefit as other class epic augments.
    August - The critical DoT focus effects on the Necromancer epic 1.5, 2.0, and 2.5 will now begin to decay in effectiveness when casting spells above level 80.
    - Paladin - Spells in the Harmonious Blessing line will no longer stack with each other.
    - Shadowknight - Spells in the Harmonious Disruption line will no longer stack with each other.
    - Magician - Fixed an issue that caused Meteoric Bolt and Korascian Bolt to display an incorrect bolt model.
    All three seem like very easy bug fixes.
    - Addressed potential zone crashes related to disconnected players and spell processing.
    - Addressed a potential login server crash related to modifying account data.
    Again serious negative effects must be addressed.
    - The newest wolves no longer count as birds and will trigger as wolves for Slayer achievements. The kills that were wolves but triggered the bird achievements will be removed from the "Bird Flew," "The Zookeeper," and "Featherbrained Plan" Slayer achievements. These kills will not be added to the equivalent wolf achievements. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused.
    This seems astonishingly petty. There clearly was enough data in the character save file to distinguish between the newest wolves and previous real birds. How petty does someone have to be to remove the contribution from one category and not "add" it to the appropriate character.
    As you see from the October patch notes, only bugs that seriously effect gameplay or relatively quick fixes are being worked on right now (apart from the new expansion).
    Skuz and Herf like this.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Also, no one cares about prisoners having fun on the prison server.
  4. Herf Augur

Well the other servers can benefit from these as well. People there should take a break from all the KS'ing, botting and Sleeper Waking ;)
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sorry but your wrong on this one. It worked fine last year. Since it is a yearly special event then no one knew until it started this year that a dragon was missing.

Missing is #11 Kess who is right smack dab in the middle of the event. You cannot progress further without her/him/it.

Bug reports were made and it was fixed promptly as it is a limited time event.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ons-dragons-kessdona-mia.271493/#post-3979616

I am sure some of the other examples have undercurrents that "we", who are not employed by "them", have no knowledge of the mechanics to fix.
  6. Herf Augur

7. Machen New Member

I'll say the same thing I said last year, and the year before. It's absurd to play on the only server in all of EQ designed to never introduce new content, and then complain that you don't get new content.
    Gremin likes this.
  8. Herf Augur

Thank you for that penetrating analysis. It's erroneous of course. We get all kinds of stuff in the DB store already that wasn't in era. And to be precise, the stuff I listed above would I think, be new to all servers, and is not game changing so there would be no restrictions on them.

I'm not asking for non-era related quests, etc. But if we can get a yearly Stomples, I think a yearly celebration of Thanksgiving would be similar.

Thanks for your opinion though.
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You can buy my Grinnuch's Grimp Roast Dinner and pretend it's turkey.

[IMG]

Don't hold your breath for them to make and sell anything in their own marketplace, certainly not holiday related anyway.
    Herf likes this.
  10. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Fixed it. They need to cease new expansions, focus on TLP cash grab and pump out a new Everquest style game.