Lcea mission - Before the Siege

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Fenthen, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Fenthen aka Rath

The mission commonly gets stuck at needing to defend the eastern or northern wall areas, because the wave of 6 sarnaks do not spawn.

I will have to run the mission 4 or 5 times for the script to actually move forward. It's been like this for several months.

Please, when trying to reproduce this, use a Live server like Firiona Vie, not your isolated / lag-free test server.
    Moege likes this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

A wizard (human female) actually runs up and starts building the barrier on the eastern and northern breach, but I can't get past the task step of killing the 6 sarnaks which rush both openings, because they don't spawn.

First try: no spawns (kicked task)
    Second try: 6 spawned/killed at eastern side, none at northern side (kicked task)
    Third try: no spawns (kicked task after 20 minutes and watching the barrier be built)

Any dev want to hop on and run this with me?
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

There are two gaps on the north section, I've seen them described as NW and NE though they are right next to each other. Are you looking at both sections when the northern barrier is called?
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

Yeah man, I've done the mission dozens of times. The sarnaks aren't spawning that rush the eastern or northern breach. East wave goes first, when that dies the north then spawns about a minute later. The whole mission should take 7-8 minutes to complete. But when the rushing 6 sarnaks don't spawn, the mission just stalls. The wizards come back to cast a spell that summons 1 barrier "pod" then run away, then come back a minute or two later and summon another pod. No sarnaks are spawning touugh.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

There are 42 sarnaks that spawn normally and are untouchable, after killing the warleader and hailing Tsaph and killing the 4 spawned sarnaks that are supposed to assassinate him.

I have also noticed that Overlord Bathezied spawns with some Royal Guards. Bathezid+5 royals spawn after killing the first wave of 6 rushing sarnaks. He is also untouchable, and is not part of the mission.

Both waves (east and north) spawned for me on the 4th attempt at running this mission. That's about my average number of attempts it takes for this mission script to run through correctly.
  6. Tlail Elder

We had the same problem, when we did this for some twinks a few weeks ago.
    The waves do spawn near the Zoneline to Scorced Woods, however they did not start moving. We ran there and were able to kill them there.
  7. Moege Augur

Slow kill the warleader at the zoneline (2 minutes or more). Then the mission works. Old bug being like that since release, if you kill him too quick you bug out the mission.
    Fenthen likes this.