Not A Bug EoK Lceanium quest Contacting the Leadership is bugged

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by nogarok, Aug 1, 2020.

1. nogarok New Member

The EoK Lceanium quest "Contacting the Leadership" is bugged for me.

When I go to perform the following task in the disguise, he completes the dialogue with me (after I say problems, issues, more, worried) but he never actually hands me his note to complete the next stage and the quest log does not update that i talked to him.

Speak with Tsaph Katta about the citizens' [problems] 0/1 Lceanium
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Did you search your inventory for the note? Maybe you tried doing the quest before and already have the note tucked away in a bank slot somehwere?
  3. nogarok New Member

I actually figured it out. It's not a bug so much as it is confusing. The quest log doesn't say this but you have to actually go get ejected from the room without the disguise and only then ask Salli for the disguise and then go back to Tsaph with the disguise. She will give you the disguise early if you ask and it works in terms of the dialogue but he won't give you the note if he hasn't ejected you.
    Duder likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is where following the quest steps works better than following a write up and getting ahead of where you are.
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

While the quest could have things added that prevent you from doing things out of order, it works properly if you do things as the quest asks.

We can take the feedback under advisement, but this is not a bug.
  6. Krowd New Member

This is a bug, the entire quest line dropped out of my quest journal. No matter what I do Tsaph will not give me the note.When I was doing the sarnak portal portion is when I noticed it was gone from my quest window but my other two characters still had it. It also triggered the mobs when I stepped in the portal room and when we killed the sarnaks I got an update message.
    No problems on my other two characters that I box with this one. My other tasks within this quest show completed. All of the gather items show completed and disappearing dragons. Somewhere along the quest line it dropped off my quest window and will not allow me to get the quest again it again.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

I completed the entire EoK quest line in 2 days last week, so this "works as intended" if you are properly following along the quest line (with maybe using EQR as a guide).
    Riou likes this.
  8. Krowd New Member

I guess you did not read the part about the quest dropping off the Quest Journal as well as I was doing 3 toons all at the same time and two of them were fine.Just because you completed it does not mean it does not have bugs. Try and keep up.

Plus here is the response from Customer Service.

"We've received similar reports about this issue from other players, and we've reported it to our QA and Development Teams for review. We kindly ask that you bear with us as they investigate this issue further, and work towards any necessary fixes.

I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on that for you at this time, but please keep an eye on the official forums (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq) as well as the patch notes (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?forums/game-update-notes-live.9/) for further information as it becomes available."
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

No need to be a jerk. Quests dropping out of your quest journal is a different problem, not an issue with this quest line. They normally only disappear when they are completed, or when you remove it. If there is another reason they leave your quest journal, that should be investigated, not this specific quest, or any other quest. The original post was about a specific step of this quest, not about it dropping completely out of your journal.

Try to stay on topic.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

That's the single generated response for every quest issue they give.

A quest disappearing from character is a different issue than what was posted in this thread and wouldn't be specific to this quest as quests disappearing isn't a known or widespread issue. Should post your own thread for disappearing quest from quest journal. You are sure you didn't accidentally miss picking it up on the 3rd account?
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Krowd New Member

Absolutely, quest history shows all the supplies collection tasks complete and disappearing dragons complete with Sneaky Sarnak still waiting for me to complete. I noticed it missing from the journal at the Sarnak Portal Keepers step. I did them in order of the quest log checking to make sure each character got the updates and did each toon consecutively at each step.

Also, Salli keeps pointing me back to the collection tasks when I try to get a new quest to redo it all and the none of the merchants will respond to "supplies" presumably because I have completed them.

And yes, I will post it as a bug on its own.