Fixed Internally Windchill Sprites in GD a mess

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Orcen, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Orcen Elder

The graphics on the Windchill Sprites changed (Povar Server). Problem is killing these new looking ones no longer giver credit for the task to kill the snow dervishes..
    Killed three just now and got no kill credits on task "Lake Effect Snow Devils"

Hard enough to pop em, real pain when dont get credits for kills.

Thanks You
    edsarto, Hibachii, Shotinthe and 11 others like this.
  2. Orcen Elder

This is post November patch by the way.. So thinking patch did it
    Duder likes this.
  3. Filter Augur

I just noticed this too. This is confirmed. The new model of the mob is some how related. We killed the same named mobs yesterday. Logged in to the game and now they do not give credit. The zone is Great Divide the zone in ToV.

I am on Rathe
    Duder likes this.
  4. Kommwiz New Member

I'm seeing the same thing on Bertox. Much better spawn rate but no credit for quest.
    Duder likes this.
  5. smash Augur

There are actually a RESTLESS COLDAIN who also got the model, it was south near were the kodiaks are(river)
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Fenthen likes this.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

We already know the quest is tied to a model ID from the last time this happened, so yes CoV data overwriting the ToV models would break previous expansions quests like the ToV enchant spells got overwritten with CoV and can't scribe now.
    minimind likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Surely CoV is using different Model IDs for new models. Dervs in ToV have been problematic since launch 11 months ago. I can't say I have seen any dervs in CoV.

This quest has been broken for roughly half the time ToV has been live.
  10. nitrocutter Journeyman

Broken on FV too. Putting in a support ticket doesn't help as they say "we're sorry the NPC is not available".
  11. Kenre Journeyman

Bristlebane same issue
  12. Rylak Elder

The model is the Drusella Sathir Derv model. It clear that the issue is from CoV pre-work, but I fundamentally question why iksar dervs are littering Velious now and why they would be included in CoV.

Bring back the snow dervs!
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Monkman Augur

This will take a month to fix... you'll get your dervs back just in time for the holidays!
  14. Maddy1234 New Member

Killed a half dozen or so this morning and nothing updated across four toons.
  15. Pip Developer

This is completely my fault. I'll look into this to try and fix asap. My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.
    Shotinthe, Metanis and Yinla like this.
  16. Pip Developer

I have verified the fix and you will see it come the next patch. Again, I apologize.
  17. Metanis Bad Company

I sentence you to an extra drumstick on Thursday.
  18. Pip Developer

I will eat it like a badge of honor
    Fanra likes this.
  19. smash Augur

Could there not be done a hot patch for it ? Since it is one zone only
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

Agreed. This should be a hotfix, not a "month from now" resolution.