UI Constantly and Randomly Changes/Resets

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Riddish, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Riddish Lorekeeper

I am having continuous UI problems where the game will randomly delete chat tabs, filters, and revert to some previous UI build from weeks to months ago. I've deleted UIs, I've set it, logged out completely without fast camp, logged to desk top, waited, logged back in, etc.... nothing seems to fix this issue. Can anyone explain what is going on? It's incredibly frustrating to have to recreate all my chat tabs and re-do all the chat filters.

Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

3. Riddish Lorekeeper

I am using a custom UI, Sparxx UI, but so do my other three boxes, and none of those PCs are having this issue. I tried changing the access permissions last night, but it did not resolve the issue.

If I delete the character.ini file then I will have to remake all my hotkeys, spell lists, etc... and that doesn't sound fun.

Any GMs want to try to help me out here?
  4. Leigo You come here often?

I can confirm this is not a custom UI issue. I do hope you are able to figure out the issue. Sorry I am of no help here as I am unable to recreate the issue. :(
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Are your boxes playing from the same location? You don't need EQ to be in any folder which requires access permissions. It doesn't make sense that only one box is having its UI files reset to the old ones. Honestly, that should be impossible unless you are creating a new folder for the UI files to go into each time you update them.

Deleting the UI_Character_Server.ini file won't affect your hotkeys or spell list, just the user interface positions and a few other things that can easily be fixed once.

The only thing that I can think of is that you guys have EQ still within one of the Program Files directories. Additionally, you would have to have 2 folders for the same UI and be trying to change from the old UI to the new UI, which would last for that session but upon closing out EQ all the setting changes would be lost as they would not be allowed to save to a location within the Program Files folder.
  6. Riddish Lorekeeper

My boxes are on separate PCs as I play on Agnarr so all the boxes are independent. I'll look around my harddrive to see if there is a second EQ folder lurking around somewhere.
    Deleting a UI sucks and I'm trying to avoid that if possible, but if that's a solution that'll fix it once and for all then it's a necessary evil haha.

I'll keep trying!