Apply Poison - not skilling up at level 115

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Yinla, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My current sill in Apply Poison is 85, thought while I was maxing out my TS in poison making that I would skill this up at the same time. But it appears something has broken it. Level maybe?

I get the message you have poisoned your weapon but no skill ups. I would have expected at least 1 skill up after 40 sucessful aplications. Especially as things were changed to be able to skill up faster at lower skill levels.

From my log - all poisons were between I and XVI but they don't show the level in the log.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Use old-timey poisons to up that skill.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

how do you tell the old from the new?

Been 10 years since I skilled up to 85 and going off lowest ID numbers doesn't seem to work
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

I'm not sure I can easily describe it, but:

The old recipes are relatively easily-distinguished from the new recipes. If you use the standardized-style recipes, it is too new (i.e. Emulsifier, XXX Fluid, XXX Vial combos).

Examples of old would be Snake Venom, Spirit of Sloth, etc.
  5. AB_H'Sishi Augur

There is a major and easy-to-see difference between the apply-able and click-able poisons: The non-"Apply" effect has Cast time, an "Apply" poison's effect is of type "(Combat)".

The clickable poisons started their career in EQ with PoP. Initially they had a fixed uptime (15 minutes, if I remember correct). The later post-revamp poisons have various amounts of charges, displayed in their buff icon.

I checked in my trivial list: Poisons between 16 and 226 seem to be all "(Combat)" type, then the list gets mixed with both types.