[FEEDBACK] Next Expansion Ideas/Inspiration

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Nov 20, 2020.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Battle For Unrest

Phinigel Autropos faces a new enemy. The daughter of Prexus and Erollisi Marr, a powerful Cleric named Reixus, has begun executing the largely-forgotten Kedge citizens out of spite. Launching attacks from the recently-captured Estate of Unrest into the submerged mazes beneath Dagnor's Cauldron, Reixus seeks to build her empire quickly and quietly.

Her obsession with returning the dead to living flesh is finally yielding results - and her efforts are seen by those undead as a chance at redemption - and revenge. Those touched by Reixus' power see their bodies return from icy nether to warmth and strength, the Relivants, became pursuivants of her cause. Eons of war and dark magic throughout the lands now bring hordes of undead to Faydwer in search of Reixus, providing a fiercely loyal and rapidly-growing army.

These powerful beings are immune to offensive magic and sword alike, and serve none but Reixus' whim. Norrathian deities stand by, helpless against this new threat. In an emergency meeting of The Council of Lightbearers, Rodcet Nife found that channeling healing energy into glowing ('Luminous') restless ice yielded intense light that harm the relivants.

Norrath's divine followers are in short supply and high demand. It will take great amounts of luck, endurance, and priests to overcome this challenge. Are you ready?
  2. KrakenReality Augur

3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Always the wordsmith.
  4. Yimin Augur

Anything House of Thule I will be down for hehe :D !

YiMin
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

Sounds intriguing though I would hate another Kedge Keep.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Nope from me too, no more undead!

And definately no Kedge, unless they can fix the pathing and fighting in water.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wizards! :p
  9. Fuzzlump New Member

I liked the idea of Shards Landing, where you went back to multiple different expansions.

My expansion wish list:

LDoN 2.0, rework the old LDoNs to use the HA system/modern currency system, etc. and add 5 new themes. Splitpaw/Clockworks/Kunark Goblins/Kunark Frogloks/TOFS Catacombs

Rise of the Orcs, an all Orc expansion with revamped Crushbone, Ry'Gor, Deathfist, Bloodmoon, Rujarkin, etc dungeons, with some yadda yadda (Zek? Discord recruiting them?) empowering them to level 120 or whatever is current and making them work together. Establish Orckind as a serious threat.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Lots of interesting ideas here. I had an idea for a forest themed expansion. Full of lots of woodland creatures dancing, singing, etc. Dwarves kidnapping human females perhaps. You know the movie. This could be the theme song.

11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No to Kunark and ToFS and Ry'Gorr we have just revamps of those zones have already been done.

I'd love a mission based expasnsion would be nice to get away from the jerks that thinks its great to set up right next to you and love to try and KS everyone else. :mad:
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

While I think it's too soon to do another dragon xpac, I thought it was kind of odd we never revisited the DoN story considering the state we left it in. You could do a dual-faction expac with the corrupted nest drakes and the untainted stillmoon/thundercrest ones. Maybe too similar to the themes of Ashengate and Crescent Reach though.
    Rajaah and Celephane like this.