Ive been pondering these idea's awhile...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ashera, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Ashera New Member

1. Why after all these years going on 3 Owners of this game .. an how many exspansions since it started???
    And it is why you can ONLY CHANGE THE COLOR OF HOTKEYS THAT ARE CREATED FROM THE ACTIONS WINDOW ONLY???
    AN THEN IS LIMITED ON COLOR CHOICE??
    Why do you make it that (THERE ALL WHITE)
    I play a Druid I have a ton of hot buttons..
    why would you not give the option to change the color of any hot button?????
    IT SHOULDNT BE LIKE THAT PERIOD?
    I have a really hard time trying to justify this after how many yrs, owners,
    an expansions ,
    let alone the million patches?
    Something so simple??
    yet would not make a person insane because there staring at all WHITE Buttons..
    2.. … Pick what colors to use but Give certain colors (For your main char name tag).. to certain chars based on a player's length status..
    For example 5yr vet gets a blue tag.. 10 yr vet a red tag 15 yr a purple..
    20 yr vet Maybe a neon green or something wild..
    maybe a rainbow. one..lol
    Everquest needs more status symbols..
    Lmao.. Ash..
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Agreed. And the sooner folks give politics a rest the better.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Wut?

(can anyone translate that garbled mess into legible script? - on second thoughts don't, it's not worth the effort required.)
    Nennius, code-zero and smash like this.
  5. Tour Augur

“I like colors and would like hot keys to come in more than one. The PCP I smoked before posting has made me inordinately angry and grumpy about this laughably insignificant issue. Grrrrr.”
    Skuz likes this.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Have you never had a birthday in EQ? Your character's name rotates colors on the day he was created.

Characters with Red names are usually from PVP servers or mistakes.

There are other colors but since many of these are game initiated the player has no control over them.

If you want colors on your hot keys then maybe a custom UI would help.
  7. Broozer Augur

We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.
    Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
    Derka likes this.
  8. Thraine Augur

not sure if you know this OP, but you can right click / hold on a hotbutton and the option shows up to rename label, set a background to the hotkey etc .. there are something like 500+ different icons you can use for you hotkeys and the best part is, they are all very colorful =)
    Tegila and CatsPaws like this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Shhhhhh
    Yinla and Thraine like this.
  10. Thraine Augur

opps my bad ~
  11. Celephane Augur

There haven't been 3 owners, only 2. 989, Verant, Sony, SOE were all Sony...Darkpaw is part of Daybreak.
  12. Tegila Augur

But there will be a third one day of the right player wins the big jackpot lotto lol
    Zaray likes this.
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

And when I do there will only be one playable race, Trolls!
    Duder likes this.