Legal onLive? VMWare and multi-seat systems

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tegila, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Tegila Augur

i wasnt specificly asking about vmware, but multiseat systems that may, or may not, use it. idk anything about the systems or how they ALL work, except that they allow for multiple HID(mouse, keyboard etc) from one machine. which is the entire point for ppl that do NOT box but still play multiple toons- on multiple computers when 1 WOULD work, if it's allowed. and that is NOT something built into windows.
  2. Slasher Augur

Look into input director. Its software emulation to use the same keyboard/mouse across multiple PCs on your local network.
  3. Tegila Augur

That's the opposite of what I want. And, I've had kvm switches for years if I did.
  4. Slasher Augur

I know but you're likely to get banned for vmware or anything that works like it. KVM switches suck btw i threw mine out after i installed input director.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

You may already know this, but for those who don't... With an app like Syngergy, Input Director, Multiplicity, etc. you simply mouse over from one computer to the next. Whatever PC has mouse focus also has keyboard focus. You don't physically switch anything. It's all automagic.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Bumkus Elder

Close all your floor registers upstairs, and open all floor registers downstairs in winter. Then reverse it in summer. this will give you more even temp throughout house.
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Tegila Augur

There's something wrong with the ductwork we just can't figure it out yet. The typical heat difference, that's exactly what we do, but there's just no heat coming out downstairs at all so gotta fix that.

Anyway, the multiple pple responding about the shared input devices, while nice if anyone actually wants that, are beating a dead horse that never existed lol.

The whole point of the thread is to identify alternative means to have each acct have it's own mouse/kybd, usable at the exact same time as the rest(yes, I only have 2 hands, but it's still 2, not 1) and multi-seat systems are the most cost/energy efficient way to do so, BUT, are ANY of them SAFE? Don't care about TLP, just don't know what types of coding gets flagged on live and of any of it has anything in common with these multi-seat systems. Thing of my ask, like a single spider with all it's legs available to push buttons on different keyboards and mice, not a human centipede where there are multiple brains with only 1 input and 1 output.
  8. code-zero Augur

9. Captain Video Augur

If that link is in fact the current policy, it is clearly not being enforced on Live. I don't use a VM for EQ, but I need a VM on my laptop for a disability-related reason running an Oracle-based app. If my EQ account was banned for having a VM installed on my machine, I would be done with the game forever. There is NO reason to prohibit the use of a VM on Live servers, since they don't use the Truebox ruleset. Further, since Hyper-V is now fully integrated into Windows 10, banning someone for having a VM installed is the same as banning someone for using Windows 10... and then where would that leave us???
    Metanis likes this.
  10. code-zero Augur

They have ways of catching it if you're running EQ in a VM. Beware
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's for running EQ in a VM. Not for having VM software installed on your machine. People have tried to make that claim in the past, but it's nonsense.
  12. Captain Video Augur

I'm not running EQ in a VM, and never have. So if I was accused, it would be a false positive. Running multiple clients on a single box is perfectly legal on Live. There isn't any way for them to tell whether an EQ client is running with or without Hyper-V in a standard Win 10 Pro environment without their client installing unauthorized DRM on the target PC, and I have never seen any such presence on my end. I know people have argued this point incessantly on the TLP side, but that's because there are many who are trying to circumvent the Truebox rules. It should be irrelevant on Live.
  13. KrakenReality Augur

Yeah, but they’re slow and there’s already enough money made that it’s not too much of a loss when they do.